Friday, September 18, 2009

Anybody need some good recipes?

I always love trying new recipes.

In fact, there are many times I want to cook something like a roast or a chicken chili and instead of going to my tried and true stand-by's, I will just hop online and do a recipe search and just try it out.

Sometimes this can be successful and sometimes not. Like this chicken stir-fry I tried a couple of weeks ago. I did alter the recipe a little as some of the cooks had suggested on the page, and that really helped the flavor come out stronger. It was pretty yummy all-in-all, but a little sludgy too David said. (That doesn't sound very yummy - does it?)

But - I have had major wins with recipes likes this one - chocolate peanut butter mousse cake. This cake takes a long time to make and if I remember correctly - it costs a little bit too, but let me just take a moment to tell you that IT IS SO WORTH IT WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR FIRST BITE!!! My sister and her family can attest to the goodness of this cake. Better move on - starting to salivate here.

So anyway. The point. Over at Kelly's Korner she has people linking up all their favorite recipes and I thought you all might like to go over and steal some. I looked through last night and some of them just look divine. Hop on over and check it out.

No comments: