I've come to accept that my blog post titles are all quite boring lately.
And I want you to know I am aware of this.
And it may not change anytime soon due to lack of creativity in this department
Anyway.
The weekend was great. We zoomed up to my hometown and hit our family reunion on my mom's side and got to watch all of the cousins and aunts, and uncles and grandmas and grandpas and extended 2nd's and 3rd's and twice removed's and....well, anyway - there was a bunch of us and it is always fun to get together like this every year and see all of our families growing and changing. We literally go to the same site every year and rent out a shelter and ride the same train and walk the same japanese flower garden and ride the same carousel and play on the same playground - just like we did when we were all kids. It's a very cool tradition and I'm glad we live close enough again to get to be a part of it.
So, we are home now. Fast trip. We got up e-a-r-l-y this morning to go to the 1st service at our church at 9:00 and let me just take a moment to tell you that even though we got home at 11:00 p.m. last night - my husband got up and ran 8 miles this morning.
crazy person.
He is prepping for a marathon he is doing with his buddy JE in Orlando in January, so he is trying to keep on his toes to prep for it.
God bless him.
Church was good. We are hopefully finding a new "home" in the church realm and are praying for God's direction to put us exactly where he wants us to be right now. We then headed to lunch with some new friends and then out to a pumpkin patch for some fall fun, in 83 degree weather that is. Yikes it felt toasty out there. Then we came home and crashed hard. I am sure there was snoring involved by each and every one of us and we were quickly awoken by Baby Boy who thought he only needed an hour and half long nap, even though I was sure he would go nearly 3 due to the fact that he didn't get a morning snoozer and we got home so late the night before. Oh well - early bedtime for him. :-)
My week ahead is shaping up to be busy but fun. Little Girl has preschool 2 mornings, I am taking Baby Boy to Story time on Tuesday, we are painting our pumpkins with some friends another day and then a girl's night out with coffee and dessert has been planned to really give me something to look forward to. Yay.
Our chairs and barstools came back from the painter and now D and I have to do the "antiquing" finish on them, so I am excited about that. They already look great, so it will be fun to see the finished product. Also hoping our 2 side chairs for the living room will arrive by Friday. Hooray for reading chairs!! Now I guess I have to read. Does a magazine count these days?
Have a great week my friends. Are you all having a good start to your fall season? Doing anything fun?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well, I think your post titles are more creative than mine...Catching Up - #1,2,3,&4. I mean how much creative can you be? ;-)
Enjoy your week...we are sick at home again today! Yowsa.
Wow... 8 Miles! Go David!
Sounds like you guys are busy busy busy. Glad you found a church "home". We both know what a relief that can be :)
Post a Comment