Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sushi at Walmart and other adventures of the day

I had the WHOLE morning to myself girls.

Pure Christmas Holiday Bliss is what that is.

My MIL came over and kept the little one while I dropped the big one off at preschool before I headed out for 4 hours of fun. I listened to my own music, perused the aisles of Target, Mardel, Walmart and even Walgreens - just because I could.

I got ALL my Christmas shopping done. How glorious is that? Very glorious.

I literally snagged the very last Rockband Lego Wii game for my nephew and I even purchased 3 adorable presents for our little girl we are buying gifts for through our church. For $25 I got her a dress-up outfit complete with fairy wings, shoes and a magic wand, a little Barbie camera and also a little Dora purse with lip gloss and toe-nail polish. Thank you Marshalls! I think I will take all 3!!!

I was out past noon and was feeling my tummy get all grumbly and I didn't want to be a total pig and pick up a value meal from McDonalds for lunch, so know what I did?

I bought sushi from Walmart. Yeah. I know. I'm living on the edge. I have seen a little asian woman making it there before and it has a little sign that says it is made fresh daily, SOOOOOO. I bought it. The smoked salmon one looked divine and I seriously can't believed I braved it.

From Walmart.

Well, the verdict is that it was no Ocean's Zen sushi that I can get here in town, but I didn't throw up in my mouth either.

Even though I did eat it all and it wasn't too shabby, I probably won't buy it again though either. Because, it's Sushi. From Walmart. Those 2 probably shouldn't go together, but my blood sugar was dipping low and I had to do something before I bought a Snickers from the check-out line.

On a final confession-ary note, I did buy Little Girl some Christmas Trees from Little Debbie for an after school surprise today since she was having a friend over.

Yeah - I had one too. I didn't want the girls to feel all alone eating them. I care like that.

Happy Christmas shopping!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Reagan told me that for snack at your house today she had a Christmas tree with frosting and sprinkles on it. I asked if it was a cookie and she said no, it was kind of like cornbread or something. I couldn't figure it out, now I know! :)

Julie said...

I love the "it didn't make me throw up in my mouth" part! Ha! Hilarious! Also, running out to buy some little debbie snacks. Yummy!

Lynn said...

Fun post. The sushi/Walmart combo is a bit concerning.

OF COURSE you had to eat a tree. It's Christmas time after all and the calories don't really count.