The snack I chose for his birthday treat was the same one I used for Little Girl earlier this week - popcorn with a few m&m's in their own little bags. The kids loved it. It was like a little m&m treasure hunt.
As I was packing said snack, I realized I was running low on the chocolatey treat and needed to stop by Walgreens on the way and add more to the last 5 bags.
So........I was chatting with my momma on the way and she said "oh yeah - Walgreens has a sale on those right now." She knows ALL SALES in a 300 mile radius of her home. :-)
It was 4 giant bags for $10, and then you got a $5 store coupon for your next visit. That means that each humongo bag was just a little over $1 each. Score!
I only needed about 20 more m&m's and now I have 4 large bags because of the sale. Is that normal? Don't tell the kids. I'm going to hide them somewhere in a secret stash and pray that I don't start eating them so fast and furious that I turn into an M&M myself.
Speaking of food, (Ahem), I have still been enjoying the Bento lunches for the kids and they have too! Here's one I did for LG earlier this week.
In the top left corner is some cheddar cheese cut out with a butterfly shaped cutter and some pretzels.
Below that is a few whole Strawberries.
On the top right is a few cherry tomatoes on a party pick and some Rolled up honey turkey also on a pick.
Below that is 3 animal crackers (from Trader Joe's) in an orange silicone container and the other one holds some peanuts and cranberries.
Little Girl gobbles all this up with no problem. I send her Hello Kitty thermos full of water and sometimes I send her the little individual Organic white milks that she likes. I avoid juice because I don't like giving it to the kids except for special occasions, and I've noticed that when the other kids bring snacks for the class - most of the time juice is already involved and I don't want her drinking it twice. I know - I'm mean.
I also snagged a couple of cute bentos from Old Navy for $5 the other day. I bought the frog for BB and the Kitty for LG. Love 'em!! They are two tiered and super fun for the kids.
I don't see them online, but they had a ton at our local store.
I need to make some of these guys too for lunches. They are a huge hit with the kids and I like knowing that they are eating something that I made for them.
Here's a link again for the Chocolate Chip Granola Bites over at The Recipe Box.
Have a great Thursday!

No comments:
Post a Comment