I've tried to be back in gear with meal planning after all the holiday excitement finally settled down. Plus, once I got on the scale, I knew that I could no longer eat pretzels with hershey's kisses and m&m's in the center and call it "lunch" anymore.
Know what I'm sayin'??
Sooooooooooo......it's back to the menu board and I love it. I truly feel like my week gets off to such a great start when groceries are all planned out on Monday night and the list has been made. Both of the kiddos are in school on Tuesdays, so this is the easiest day for me to run and get everything I need for the week. Plus - I can think and EVERYTHING. It's awesome.
So, we are back to healthy eating and slight moderation of the naughty eating in this New Year. I have become obsessed with smoothie making for myself and the kids and I also enjoy a lovely homemade granola bar or two, such as this one. Before I tell you my menu though, here's a really fun smoothie recipe that you have to try. I will be posting it to the recipe box soon with a little pic, but here it is so you can try it now.
I have no exact measurements, so just toss and look at it and taste. :-)
banana
some milk (I use 1%)
1 tbsp or so of peanut butter (I use all natural organic)
some honey
old fashioned oats (i may have thrown in 1/4 - 1/2 cup??)
1 tbsp or so of Wheat Germ - for vitamins and stuff. :-)
Blend it all together and it is smooth and wonderful and has the best flavor. The kids kept chanting "Mmmm! We like this smoothie!" the whole time they ate. I have never heard of putting oats in a drink, and you would think it gives it a weird texture, but it doesn't. Mine blended completely smooth and it was a hit!
O.K., so here's my cooking low-down for the week.
Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs and a big ol' salad - using a loved recipe from our "Body for Life" cookbook.
Hot Stuff Chili - Also from Body for Life. It has red wine in it and jalapeƱos, and hands-down one of my favorites
Pork Pot Roast in the crockpot with yukon gold potatoes and carrots
Grilled Chicken, Salad and roasted veggies
Black Bean Soup
Banana snack cake with cream cheese drizzle (this is partly healthy, partly naughty - my favorite kind of food!)
I really love cooking for my family (most days) and feeding them well just makes me so darn happy.
We have a full week including Cheerleading practice for my Little Girl (oh the outfit!! Love!)
Playdates
Working out
Starting to read my new book called "The Circle Maker" by Mark Batterson (more on that later)
Finishing my Karen Kingsbury book. I will Kelley. I will.
and shopping for Daddy's birthday gift since he is gaining a year in a couple of weeks.
I hope you all are having a great Monday and are off to a wonderful start to your week.
Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Pastor Keith has the Centerpointe congregation reading The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson, so far I have only read 3 chapters but I am loving it! Laurie H
I got a good laugh at the beginning about your description of what lunches were.....we are cut from the same cloth :) I'm like you in that I have to focus on actual good food eating not to do that year round!
Have a great day!
Post a Comment