




I've been MIA for quite some time now. My assumption is that the friends of mine who read this blog were plenty busy over the holiday season to not miss out on my ramblings of life and how much I was consuming in the amount of calories. Let's not talk about that.
I would like to get back to blogging, and while we were driving home from St. Louis today, I started thinking "Hey, I wanna blog tonight!". Which was a huge improvement from "Ugh....blogging.....Nah, not today." So - see? Things are looking up people.
:-)
It feels way too overwhelming to start recapping things that have happened in our lives all in one post. Nobody has that kind of time and my fingers are not in that kind of shape. I will share as I think of things and I'll even throw a bullet point list in today for good measure. You know - to highlight the good stuff.
So............let's get started
My computer has been sick lately. I can only use it intermittently and my iphoto doesn't like me at all. This makes me sad. My husband is working on it. I am hoping for a full and speedy recovery very soon. (I was able to post the few pics at the top - but that was a Christmas miracle.)
My in-laws moved 3 hours away just 2 weeks ago. Yes. Let that sink in. Such a great move for them as my Father-In-Law is now working with Joyce Meyer Ministries, but such a rough time for all of us. Little Girl and Baby Boy are more than attached and vice-versa, so it will be quite the adjustment. The Lord knows though, and we are excited for what's ahead for them in their new adventure
David Just surprised me with a really quick 2 day trip to New York. We just got back today and it was a BLAST! Perfect weather, we ate some of our favorites, walked around and even saw the movie "New Year's Eve" on Friday night right there on Times Square. Super fun. We celebrate 15 years of marriage this week! That is craziness.
I'm growing my hair out. I'm scared. David's thrilled (what is it with guys and long hair?). I'm not going Rapunzel-long or anything, but I'm wanting to start doing some different styles with it and just trying something new. Here goes. I'm even considering posting a pic every couple of months to keep myself accountable. Otherwise - I may chicken out and chop it back off! :-)
We started the remodel of Baby Boy's room. His race-car bed is perfect and I have started some of the decorating in there which I am in love with. We are not done with all of the trim, the closet or painting the doors, but it's getting there and we are loving it so far. Pics to follow when iphoto likes me again.
Little Girl LOVES Kindergarten. She misses sleeping in, but she is sad when she has more than a couple days off for vacation. I enjoy seeing her make friends there and be learning and growing each week.
Baby Boy is also obsessed with preschool and loves his teachers immensely. He was more than cute at his school Christmas program and was the star of the show (in our opinion) doing all the sign language and singing every word. He even grabbed the mic a few times to really share his singing abilities because he saw some other girls going it. Ha! He make me laugh!
There is "Puppy" chatter in our house again. We're talking Spring. Stay tuned. :-)
I'm taking down all the Christmas decor tomorrow. I actually started tonight and I'm kicking myself that I didn't take pics and have them to share with you. Fooey. Next year.
I hope you have a blessed and Happy New Year. May their be joy in your hearts that comes only from the Lord - each and every day.
Love to you from me!
- Kara

2 comments:
Yah!!!!! You're back!!! The kiddos look so grown up in those pics! Especially LG. she looks so tall! See you tomorrow at the gym!
I'm so glad you are back! I was have total Kara withdrawl.....since you really are the only blog worth reading, and I'm not on facebook. No pressure or anything :) How cool that you got to take a quick trip to New York! So glad we got to see you a few weeks ago, wish it happened more often!
Cheryl
Post a Comment