Holidays are fun. There is so much anticipation leading up to them and all the wonderful things that go with them. I for one anticipate drinking myself a Peppermint White Mocha from Starbucks just about every week once the month of December hits us just because it makes me feel "Christmasy". Christmas parties are fun with their food and their festivity and I love looking at people's decorations all throughout their house that make them feel warm and bright and fun.
And, don't get me started on the food that you only experience once a year. My family is big on the Christmas sweets. My husband still laughs when he sees all the chocolate and sugary yummies that my family hauls in for one day of eating. It is a sight to behold and I do love that sight. Super sad I am missing it this year. We are staying in Indy and Dave's family is coming to us. No travel is definitely the payoff.
And, Yes, I know that Jesus is the Reason for the Season and He is ultimately the gift that we've all been given, but I'm talkin' total surface and worldly holiday excitement here on this particular post.
Giving gifts and receiving them is also a really fun part of the holidays, but can often be an obligatory gesture as well - just because. That part is not so fun.
But one of my favorite things of all is when (and let me just take a break here to tell you that my love languages are "acts of service" and "gifts", so you know where I'm goin') my awesome friends - out of no obligation than just the kindness in their hearts - surprise us with something in the mail out of the blue.
Here are the fun things I received this past week from two of my friends. One was for me and one was for my child - it just don't get better than that!!
My buddy Julie gave me this awesome plaque with our last name and anniversary on it as a housewarming gift (how cool is this?) and my old neighbor from Missouri-land sent this sweet apron and baking utensils to Little Girl. She is begging me to bake something with this new gear, so I think we are whipping up something tonight.
I have always said I have the coolest friends in the universe, but then you all just keep proving me right every time. Love you Julie and Kelley. Thanks for brightening my day last week!
Oh - now I'll be a good friend - if any of you Missourians are wanting to sell or buy in Springfield, Kelley is an awesome Real Estate Agent - you should definitely consider giving her cute little self a call to help you out!
And - Julie might be tied up in a back corner of her house by her 2 boys that are only 15 months apart, so a random meal and a knock on the door to make sure she is alive is also appreciated! :-)

6 comments:
Great blog and I too love your new sign you got as a gift
Thanks for adding teh 24/7 MSom button to your blog
Trisha
I love all the once a year treats too. I think the party food is my favorite holiday tradition. By the way we were married in 97 also. Happy almost 12th anniversary.
I love Christmas too (:
Woohoo! I got the best shout out! Love that you love the apron, I immediatly thought of my favorite little neighbor when I saw it! God has been good, and there are lots of people buying & selling in Spfld! Two contracts - one week!!! I love my job! We missed you Sat. when we were putting up our lights. David really missed helping your David climb on the roof. Your house was always tricky!
Thanks for the shout-out for a free meal. There's always a chance around here that those 2 little turkeys do have me tied up. Actually, it was this time last year when I decided to wash out glass door and Greyson locked me outside for over 20 minutes in a t-shirt, pj pants, and socks. Yup. Snow on the ground. I was frozen and begging him to let me in. So you're right. If you live next to me, it wouldn't hurt to stop by and see if these boys haven't got the best of me :)
Also, glad you loved the gift. www.cherishedimpressions.net Happy Housewarming!
Just thought I would let you know that I did click on Kim's blog and it didn't open up - Hope all is well - we miss you guys!
Post a Comment