Saturday, January 17, 2009

Update from the House of us...

We are still here. Taking a breather. Living life. Forgetting my computer a little. Ya know - all that kind of stuff.

Here's what we've been up to. I can only think in a bullet list tonight, so bear with me and just pretend to enjoy it.

I have a very red and irritated eyeball. It hurts to touch and to even apply eyeshadow. It aches a little and I think I have just scraped it or something. A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G.

I got to go on a date night, a coffee night with a friend (after kiddos went to bed) and a Girl's night out complete with mexican food and a movie - All in One Week!

Baby Boy has a cold.........again.

Little Girl has random outbreaks of hives. Doctor says she must have some sort of allergic reaction to something and to just give her benadryl and it should clear up.

Okey-Dokey.

My husband has been a rock star helping with the kids this week. Little to no-complaining and lots of sweetness. That's my man!

I made my turkey burgers for dinner. They were just plain good.

My hair was cut today. Can I just take a moment to say how much I hate it? Yeah.

Bought two new rugs (one for the kitchen and one for my entry) today at Target for $20 a piece on clearance. They look great with my new motif and are keeping my new style flowing. Very fun.

Baby boy rolled over again today. Got it on film. So sweet.

Wore my fake UGG's today at the mall and realized that 9 out of every 10 women passing me were wearing UGG's too - but there's were the real kind. :-( I need a wardrobe overhaul.

I'm really, really ready for spring.

Winter stinks.

I hate being cold.

I want to be wearing flip-flops and capri's and saying c'mon kids - let's walk over to the pool.

LG learned how to button and unbutton her pajamas tonight. Big accomplishment. She asked that we celebrate with candy. I offered a kiss instead. She wasn't amused.

I'm thanking the Lord right now that LG didn't get out of bed at all tonight saying she is scared. Hallelujah! It's been a long road having a house where the kids bedrooms are up and ours is down. Lots of extra hugs and kisses, music, singing, extra books and extra lights. Hoping we are on an uphill swing.

Nighty-Night all.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Dang it- I typed out a nice response- and it didn't post. so now all you get is... hope your eye feels better and glad you had a good week! (:

Julie said...

I love the update. Congrats to you for having such a fun week! So sorry about BB cold and LG's hives. We'll pray for both of those cuties. Laughing at your haircut comment. Laughing hysterically actually. Remember when Josh told me that all 186 stylists in our town didn't have a problem, maybe MY HAIR was the problem. How rude! :) Keep the fake Ugg's, spring is around the corner and you won't need them. Call if you get a chance today. Josh took Greyson to work with him so it's just Coop and mommy!

Lynn said...

I love these updates. Sounds like life as usual with all its ups and downs. Thanks for sharing!