Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Be still my Adoptive Mother's Heart..........

I was reading one of my favorite bloggers last night - The Queen B - and her story about her recent trip to Guatemala to help out some friends (a young couple with children mind you) who are moving there to start an orphanage. Makes you really feel like you're doing something in the world - doesn't it? Yeah.

She is a mother to an only child and I believe this child is around the age of 13 or so. Her life is pretty set. Her plans have pretty much already been made. She DID NOT want to go to Guatemala for so many reasons and fought God every step of the way.

Go HERE to see how he blessed her beyond her wildest dreams.

Oh - and you may want to read a few posts back after you read that one, because hearing how God worked on her heart was pretty amazing.

Enjoy

5 comments:

kim0943 said...

Definitely not a work safe blog read for an adoptive mother! It makes me ask God today, "Lord I've been looking for a baby for so long, could one be looking for me?"

Carli said...

That is an awesome story! So neat to see God work that way. Sometimes I think that's how I felt about coming to Indiana... :)
I think I am going to have to read that blog now too! LOL

Amber said...

Read blog. Cried. Thanks for the heart touch today.

Queen B said...

Thank you. My testimony is that if God can do big stuff in my life, He can do it in absolutely anyone's life!!!

The Oswalds said...

Wow! Awesome!