Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Do you have any kleenex in the house?

I realize I've been posting a lot of links to other people's blogs lately. You may think I have become lazy and can't come up with my own material and therefore I send you to other blogs that have way more interesting things to say than myself.

If you thought this - you would be correct.

Well, today is no exception my friends.

I will, however, share a little of myself in this blog.

I have never shared much about my infertility journey on here with you. It's a road that I have fought my way through for the past nearly 9 years.

Someday soon (maybe as we get closer to Mother's Day) I will share my story on here in hopes that someone reading it who has been struggling would be encouraged and hopeful in God's perfect timing and His perfect plan.

I never thought I would have trouble having kids. I thought I would decide it was time and I would be pregnant. I thought I would be able to choose everything from how far apart I wanted them to be in age. I thought I would rub my swollen belly and picture if my daughter would look like me or my son would carry my husband's features.

My plans were not God's plans.

They rarely are.

Instead of my story ending with stretch marks left behind and the gift of tinkling in my pants every time I giggle - I was handed a different gift - in a different package - in a way I didn't anticipate.

It was the gift of adoption - in the form of two little miracles named Little Girl and Baby Boy.

Here's a link to a video that describes a woman's heart while she is waiting for her children - "I would die for that".

The words are true. They are compelling. And they made me goosebumpy and weepy. That means it is good!

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing with us and that video! Although now I need to go pull myself back together before my customers wonder what's wrong with me. Very moving!

Kara said...

Sorry Ashley. :-) I should put a clause on some of these posts that you shouldn't read them while working due to excessive crying. :-) Glad you enjoyed it. Makes you want to go squeeze Eden - doesn't it?

Lynn said...

I am looking forward to reading about your journey. Your faith and joy are always inspiring, and your family is beautiful....even if it's not what you originally planned.