Saturday, March 27, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt Palooza

Shew-eeeeeee!!

We literally just got finished hosting our annual Easter Egg Hunt here at the house for Little Girl and Baby Boy and a few of their little friends. It's such a fun time together and I love having the opportunity to create memories with the little people in my life.

We seriously had one of the yummiest spreads to fill our stomachs as well. My in-laws came for the party and supplied us with cookies and cupcakes (assisted by LG) and then some of the most killer carrot cake around made by my Father-in-law. I made my BBQ Meatballs and we had this awesome green salad with black beans, corn and roasted chicken, little finger sandwiches, fruit tray, chips and queso and deviled eggs (for that "Easter" touch of course). Everyone chipped in and brought food and some of the eggs to hide.

We sent the guys out to go do all the hiding throughout the yard and the kids were liked caged animals waiting inside to go for the hunt. They were hilarious.

Then we polished the fun off with some races with yours truly from fence post to fence post and then we colored Easter Eggs.

It was such a fun day and thank you LORD that it didn't rain on us like we feared. The weather ended up being perfect and I think the kiddos had a blast. Right now - my beauties are off sleeping, David is looking at the video from the morning and I am uploading pictures and trying to keep my eyelids open. I am officially tired from all the fun.

I'm so blessed to have such amazing friends in my life and I am thankful for each one of them.

Here are some pics from the fun.








Anyone out there have some fun Easter traditions with your kids or with your family? I'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

Alana said...

Great day for it! Hearing about all that food is making me hungry! :-)

Julie said...

So much fun! The boys woke up this morning and wanted to know if we were doing it again today :). I told them to call you!

Lynn said...

Such cute pix!!! What a great memory maker for everyone.