I don't like waking up to rain.
Now, going to sleep to rain is a whole 'nother story. I Love doing that.
But, waking up to it is just plain gloomy and depressing, because when you have 2 small children who want to be out doing things and running off energy, rain doesn't oblige, and therefore you become stuck inside your four walls.
This is my day today I believe.
Plus, I am trying to plan an Easter Egg Hunt for LG and BB and a few friends for this weekend and the rain forecast keeps teasing me on both days. Fooey!!!
So, today we are going to probably pull out the playdough, pull out the paints and maybe even make a fort. Actually - the fort thing sounds kind of fun at the moment. :-)
Change of thought here, but Baby Boy last night at church was showing me his "pre-2 year old side". I was serving in his class at church and as sweet as that little chubby monkey is - he has learned the word "MINE". The funny thing is he says it really sweetly and kind of high pitched and soft, so you aren't realizing what he is saying at first. Well, we eventually caught on when every toy he touched he would start chanting the word "MINE" and then stiff-arming every child that came near him. He actually became quite a booger about it all night and I thought to myself "what is happening here?" "Isn't this a little early?" He will be 19 months next week and he is starting to declare some independence and personality.
I wish that little voice wasn't so cute, it really makes it hard to discipline him when he is being defiant. Oh well - we push through it. :-)
Another exciting adventure last night was that I tried this Roast that I had found as a recipe online and thought it looked easy and yummy. I do not drink wine or any alcohol at all, but I LOVE, LOVE to cook with it. It makes just about anything taste gourmet and divine. I even added it to my taco soup last week and the hubby and I agreed it made it amazing! So, this recipe called for wine in the sauce and I was just supposed to pop it in the oven for 2 - 3 hours. I don't usually cook a roast this way and because I had to cover it all in foil, I couldn't watch the cooking process. David and I were smelling it and we were just dying because it smelled so good. Literally - it smelled DIVINE!! Well, the recipe didn't call for veggies, but I added potatoes and carrots to the mix because I love them so with a roast. I don't know if they sucked up all the juices or what, but my roast had to be see-sawed a little with my knife to cute "slices". I don't like SLICED roast - I like falling apart kind of shreddy roast. We were both sorely disappointed because the smells had deceived us. Anybody have a clue what could have happened? Do you guys ever cook roasts in the oven like that?? I believe I will try the crockpot next time.
Tonight we are going out for pizza tonight with friends. This will both release me from charring a roast again and also get me out of the house after a long day in (Isn't that nice, I've already declared it a long day and it's only 9:30 in the morning).
Yay Pizza!
Oh, and last thing - I totally woke up this morning and stepped out of my bed onto the floor and nearly fell to the ground. My whole entire right leg was asleep. I had to kind of hop to the potty because it was so weird and I felt "legless". STRANGE!!! (Kind of like how many times I have USED ALL CAPS IN THIS POST!) The rain is getting to me already.
I'm going to go drink my coffee now. Have a great day people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment