Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oh the Cleaning

I've been cleaning this week......like crazy.

Like I've got people coming into town (I don't)

Like somebody lit a fire under my tushy (they didn't)

I'm not totally sure why, but it could just be I'm sick of looking at the nastiness that is surrounding me when I am trying to feel inspired as I beautify my living room, one piece of "something" at a time.

Here are the things I have tackled this week:

Cleaned kitchen and de-cluttered the craziness (yes i know we all probably clean it every day, but I mean that I C-L-E-A-N-E-D it).

Filed away all the paperwork that had found a home all over my unused dining room table

Finished painting my window and had the hubby hang it over my desk. Cuteness.

Wiped down some light fixtures and the furniture on the main level.

Changed 3 light bulbs - one requiring a ladder.

Did 3 loads of laundry.

Cleaned and reorganized the playroom and (GASP!) threw out some toys for a garage sale this Spring.

Cleaned out dining room and made a new little display of pretty things on my hutch.

And I made meatballs today for some Turkey Meatball Sub Sandwiches for dinner.

I'm totally not tooting my own horn here. I'm just amazed at the bursts of energy that hit me for random reasons on certain days and then all of a sudden I see cleanliness around me. Hallelujah.

I haven't been turning on the t.v. during the kids nap time which is the number one factor, and I also didn't go anywhere today while LG was in school, so me and BB had 4 hours alone to clean and hang out together......uninterrupted.

I am feeling quite tired right now and decided that since Daddy is out of town tonight that me and the kids would go to the mall and I would let them play a little bit there and maybe get a treat.

However, Little Girl just told me that she has no desire to go to the mall and would much prefer a movie instead.

And, being as tired as I am from the above said tasks, we may just be going with the movie thing tonight.

:-)

4 comments:

Amy Prikazsky said...

I'm the exact same way! When people come over I have to make the house spotless...like people don't live there! Hope you have a great Wed!

amy[www.theprikazskys.com]

The Oswalds said...

go girl! picture of the window?

Alana said...

Ooh, I LOVE those kinds of days, real motivation and a good kind of tired. I could use a few around here :-)

Julie said...

I wish some of that energy would take over me! If you have any extra bursts and nothing left to clean...come over! Also, post some pics of your window!