Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First Swimsuit Wearing of the Season

Today was the day.

The day I first officially put on a swimsuit and went into public. The kids have been begging to go to an open park here in our town that has flowing water down a rocky bank, a small area to swim and water shooting out of the air sporadically to make them scream with glee.

It's truly a fun place for both mom and children because they stay very entertained running around and getting wet and you can stick your feet in the water and watch the excitement mostly in one place. Every once in awhile Baby Boy would enjoy going too far up the hill, but for the most part, I told them they had to stay together and where I could see them, and they did really well.

Little Girl starts her first little mini-camp tomorrow morning. It's a gymnastics/tea party/girly-girl camp that is from 9-12 for the next 3 days. To say she is excited is an understatement. Baby Boy and I will be heading to a close-by pool with an awesome toddler area to stay busy while she has all her girly fun.

I Love Summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one already feels fast and zooming by to me. I scheduled BB's swim lessons to start next week and then we have another little pottery camp for LG and then we have more playdates and trips to see my family and more swim lessons and then the kids' August Birthdays and then I feel like her school starts right after that. I find myself already in that "enjoy this. It's changing really fast. Your world is getting ready to change" mode. Summer just started, but it feels abrupt and already shortened somehow. Am I making any sense? We really only have 2 months left people!! Am I the only one that feels like that is so fast?

Goodness.

Well, After our trip to Jordan Valley today, we came home and LG and I whipped up a batch of Banana Chocolate Chip muffins because, well, we were hungry and we had rotten bananas staring at us. LG is such a great little helper and we have even advanced to her not getting the shells in our food from the eggs anymore. Score!

The evening was polished off with me getting to go out for several hours ALONE to return things to Kohls, Walmart, T.J. Maxx, TCP, Zappos and I'm not sure where else. I had so much to get done and those 2 cuties that live by my side every day do not allow me to progress as quickly in the "check things off your list" department. So, the night was lovely and my feet are hurting and I only spent some money at Old Navy and another shop that shall remain nameless......just because I can do that. The rest was RETURNING things to put money back in our account. That makes David happy. :-)

I hope your Summer is going great! Take a moment to say hi on here or even to make some requests or ask questions or tell me about your dog's eating habits. Whatever. Just drop me a line friends! Love you all!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ummmm...Banana Choc Chip muffins. Would it be bad if I had one before the gym tomorrow ;)