
We're in full-on Summer mode over here. I love it. Each day is filled with something that involves a swimsuit, sunscreen and catching some rays. When it's summer time, I feel like most days are makeup-optional, and that just makes me happy. I like little to no prep time on an average every day situation in this stage of life. A swimsuit coverup or an easy summer dress are the order of the day.
I bought a green dress like this one yesterday, and I love the feel and the color. Mine is a bit different, but I couldn't find mine online. This will be great over my swimsuit.

Thank you Old Navy.
I haven't been cooking a ton this week, and I realized that I did not put up a menu again this week. Don't you love my consistency? Ugh. I either make one every week and it works like clockwork, or I tell you I will do it and then my weeks are crazy and we fly more by the seat of our pants with leftovers and things around the kitchen that are not blog-worthy.
Tonight I made Tuna melts for dinner because I had tuna, I had light mayo, pecans, fresh lemon, s&p, celery cheddar cheese and whole wheat hamburger buns. I made up my creamy tuna salad, plopped them on the buns, added cheese and threw them under the broiler for 2 minutes. They were really yummy and I just added a ton of steamed asparagus to the side. The kids ate mac-n-cheese, hot dogs and asparagus. They don't do tuna. :-) We enjoyed this easy breezy meal and very limited oven time in the middle of the summer.
Last Saturday we made some super yummy cinnamon roll pancakes. :-) I will post the recipes this week over at The Recipe Box and I promise you will have it in time for the weekend should you want to make them yourself. David made these for us since I was out on a loooong 5 mile walk with my friend Cheri, and Dave mentioned they were labor intensive, but they were also really good. Here's a pic to make your mouth water a bit.

Have a great night friends!

2 comments:
I'm not sure I can wait for that pancake recipe. Oh my!!!! They look delicious!!!!!
Oh, props to the hubs for making them. Mine would have no idea where to start in the kitchen. :)
Love the green dress, and the pancakes look divine!
Post a Comment