
It makes me happy to go in my backyard right now.
See the nice cover that my hubby built over my herbs? It keeps my squirrels and bunnies and other animals from eating all of our food.
Now I just need to get rid of the pesky roly polies that are eating my strawberries. Hmpf...
Back to happy.




My herbs took off like wildfire and we love adding fresh herbs to many of our dishes. So fun. I am seeing the first buds of my tomato plants.....finally. Very excited. We are hoping to add two more cedar raised beds next year to add even more vegetables depending on how I do this year once I see if I even get a crop Currently, the plants still in the running are banana peppers, tomatoes, jalapenos (2 kinds), bell pepper and lettuce. The rest are my herbs and then my strawberry plants. A lot of my other little guys didn't make it due to branches falling on their fragile little stems or children. Next year we will try again with some more adventurous items.
I even thought it would be fun to have David build me a raised bed just for a cutting garden. Wouldn't that be fun? I would be so obsessed with cutting fresh flowers to put all over my house and to take to friends along with some kind of baked treat. Yay!
I think this one looks beautiful.

I am feeling myself slip into late night slumber, so I shall sign off for the night. It's summer time and we are running around everyday enjoying ourselves to the fullest. Some nights I feel so beat after I finally get the kids in bed that I have a lot of blankness going on in the brain region of what to share on here. I know when that starts happening that it's time to give myself permission to take a little break. Otherwise, you guys just get to start reading my ramblings......and you will fall asleep on your computer screen with the excitement. I will still be blogging, but you may not see me on here everyday over the next few weeks. I am going to enjoy my family and my Little Girl her last summer before she starts school. I will also still be sharing any yummy new recipes that I come across and try, but again, I will take the liberty to be a little sporadic over these next few weeks or so. Stick in with me, and I promise to come back refreshed and with new things to share.
Love you to pieces!

3 comments:
I Love your gardens!! Good Job on them!
Your garden looks GREAT!
I am so excited about the fresh flowers and baked treats :). I love both of them.
Post a Comment