Monday, March 24, 2008

I need to go on a talk show

I'm having issues. Yes - I am fully aware that I should be going straight to Jesus with these, but on the other hand, maybe I just need to write into a talk show and see if they will take me on. I am re-living my thoughts of the day over and over in my mind and thinking "didn't you just hear this on Oprah recently? (side note: Don't like Oprah. Don't watch her. But, I thought I should stop talking about my Dr. Phil addiction for atleast one blog post.)

Dare I need to remind you of a closing statement in a blog post done at the year end of 2007? Well - the underwear is getting tight again and I have no one to blame but myself. And David. And Chocolate. And traveling. And Easter. And my birthday. And. And. Oh yes sisters - I could keep going on the blame someone else list, but I shall stop to keep the viewership of this blog going strong.

Is it my 30's that are killing me here or just my consistent bouncing back and forth lack of control that are biting me in the tushy? Weight Watchers and I, well, we lose a few and then we gain a few and that's just how we roll. But, right now, I am sufficiently annoyed because I don't actually weigh all that much more than my "good" weight and yet I have to painfully yank each of my various pairs of jeans over all the explosions of fat that have taken over the lower half of my body. I had to laugh a few weeks ago when my brother was telling me a commercial about a "muffin top" and he had no idea what that was. Once I enlightened him as to the true and painful meaning of that term (the flabby layer of your tummy that hangs over the ol' jeans) he finally fully understood the joke and laughed his head off. The unfortunate event that occurred later was that we were with mom and dad and I had a shirt on that decided it wanted to pop up a little above the jean line every once in awhile and sport some skin (but hey - it's just my family - who cares - right?), it was at this precise moment that my brother conveniently remembered the "muffin top" commercial and shared it with the family. This is not a good sign for me - let me just tell you. Ah well. He felt really bad later and said there was no connection. I will just have to ask God if this was true when I get to heaven. :-) Don't worry Kev - I'm just teasing.

And I still digress.

Well, today I put on some jeans and a shirt - feeling the tightness of both and did the only logical thing a girl can do in this type of situation. I ate. I ate barbecued meatballs leftover from our Easter Egg Hunt party. I ate numerous (please don't ask for a count - it will be too painful) handfuls of m&m's, several peanut butter filled Reese's eggs, 2 chocolate covered pretzel sticks, a bowl of cereal, several small bowls of Cheez-It Duoz (YUM!!!) , a yogurt, some peanut butter filled chocolate eggs and well, I haven't had dinner yet - it's only 5:00. Oh Jesus - help me out here. I am eating for no reason other than I am so bummed that I have put on weight and haven't even been eating all that poorly and so I am going " what's the point"? Don't worry girlfriends - I will find the band-wagon tomorrow and get back on and count my points like a good WW girl and all will be back right with the world. I would really love to do a body switch with one of my friends right now, like, let's say Kristal - you know who you are. I am fully aware of your pregnancy, but the fact that you eat like a junk-food junkie and weigh less after giving birth to your child than before is just apalling to the female human race. Ok. Well. I love you anyway, but you do realize I am also using your name as a sick ploy to get you to leave a comment on my blog. You HAVE TO if your name has been included in the post. :-) hee hee

Pray for my return to healthy eating in a timely fashion. I am going out to celebrate my birthday with girlfriends this Thursday, so I am sure I will be on my best behavior then (right). If in doubt - submit my name to your favorite talk show and they can tell me how food is not a person and shouldn't be a substitute for "shoving down bad emotions about tight clothes". I am sure this will help me.

Oh the roller coaster us women call life. Let me off at the calorie-free pizza and chocolate counter. :-)

8 comments:

Alana said...

Well, I can certainly relate to this post. It is a vicious cycle. Gain weight, feel bad, eat, gain weight, feel bad, eat...well, you get the picture. Ack!

The Easter candy did me in yesterday. I'm trying to be better today!

Anonymous said...

I could have written this blog! I had 6 Peanut Butter Chocolate Easter Eggs for lunch today oh, and a handful of Doritos. Looks like dinner will be M&M's and pizza. I can't even see the bandwagon. It ran me over about 2 weeks ago and it hasn't stopped to look back. Tomorrow is a new day....(well, after I eat all this candy THEN I will start again!)

The Oswalds said...

I can also relate. Were these "candy celebrations" created for kids or moms? At least kids have someone to stop them from eating it, when moms see they have had enough. But how can we stop eating it as long as it is in the house. It's just too wasteful to throw it out, and too fun to eat! It makes me feel really great that my husband doesn't even care that much for candy or chocolate which leaves even more for me. And it makes me look even better being the only one in the house that keeps shoveling in the handfuls of candy, till the candy dish is empty. Maybe I should do like that yogurt commercial and hang a swimming suit up on the wall....better yet on the refrigerator.

lianne said...

chocolate has been my down-fall too lately Kara. I got Christian some sugar-free chocolates for Easter and he only got a couple. Yesterday I finished them off!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'd just like to know how early in the Easter season you have to buy those Reeses peanutbutter eggs? They are my favorite! I went to 4 stores on Easter Eve just to find some. All out!!! The funny thing is that another desperate woman was also going store to store trying to find them! Next year, I'll be shopping for PB eggs the day after Valentines Day!!!

Anonymous said...

Is it a bad sign that I was eating my peanut m&m and raisin "trail mix" when I read your blog? I ate the whole bowl before I finished reading it....I hid Reagan's Easter candy and she forgot about it...for her health of course, not because I want to eat it all...ha! I don't even want to get out my summer clothes for fear of nothing fitting! We need to go to the zoo soon...my butt could use a few hours of pushing a stroller!

Kristal said...

Haha! Here is your comment ;) I too have fallen prey to the Easter candies of the season (and all other candies not related to any season). I can blame it on the baby. He wants it. I can't deny him during this most important time of his development. At least that's what I tell myself. - I'll worry about it after the delivery.

Kara said...

Yay! My sister has left me 2 comments now. Let's all just take a moment of silence together. Thanks Kim for joining the blogosphere comment section!