Every year they tell me to come in the day after New Year's and they will be taking it down, and should no one "call it" - I can have it.
Yes!!! Free Christmas decor from Starbucks! What could be better?
Well, I always forget to go back on New Year's Day until like the evening or even the following day sometimes and of course it is always gone.
The holiday brain is not a faithful brain.
Well, this year, my hubby happened to be working at our local Starbucks and I had already talked to my new friend Kyle who worked at the store and asked him to hold some stuff for me and he said he would hold whatever nobody nabbed that was an employee.
I called the hubs and said "Hubs! Can you ask for Kyle and ask him for my Christmas stuff?" As the stars would have aligned just so - he said he had just met Kyle about 15 minutes ago and they had been chatting it up, so he goes "hey Kyle - my wife Kara is on the phone - do you have some Christmas stuff for her?"
AND HE DID!!
Here's the pictures to prove it. Now granted they are laid crazily in boxes in my garage right now, but here they are - in all their glory!
Now for the book part.
You all know my friend Sue right? My Tired Supergirl friend who recently published a book called "All I need is Jesus and a Good Pair of Jeans" which is now available on amazon, Target online, Target Stores and apparently B&N too!! I just received my personal autographed copy in the mail yesterday and have already read my first chapter. It is awesome girls. I gave away one book at the end of the year during one of my giveaways and would love to hear if any of you gals have picked up a copy and read it. This author superstar is not only a brilliant and hilarious writer, but I count her as one of my dearest friends.
Here's a pic of another one of Sue's fans - Little girl catching a peek while playing with her Little People toys at the house. See? She reaches all audiences!! :-)

7 comments:
Great score on the Christmas decorations! I had no idea I was supposed to be lining up at local businesses to get my decorations (:
Awesome decor, and it will make it that more exciting to put it up thinking about how you got it! I don't have the book yet, but look forward to reading it! Love Little Girl's pjs :o)
So I guess the downfalling economy hasn't affected Starbucks enough that they will reuse Christmas decorations. That is crazy. Only the rich give away decorations and buy new ones every year. Oh yah, we are talking about Starbucks and no matter how bad the economy gets, I'll dig threw my sofa cushions for enough money to buy my Grande non fat 2 pump classic latte.
I can't wait to buy this book. Might go out and do it today. I'm so excited to read your review!
I love the decor. Also, I will have to get the book. It sounds like a good one.
Are you kidding? Read the book right away and LOVED it!! She brings poetic justice to the messed up lives that we live and then offers completely new insights into corresponding scriptures I've read so many times before. Besides that - she's just so darn funny! Great book!!
You realize you just tipped off all your readers to your Christmas decorating on a budget awesome strategy. Next year, the race is on!!! JK...Congrats! Score!
Wow...way to score on the decor! Hey...I'm a poet...and didn't know it! Maybe LG and I can get our artistic selves together! :)
Post a Comment