Sunday, March 22, 2009

What a Day

Ok. So I have referenced this crazy day we had a couple of weeks ago around our house here and just haven't had the time, energy or brain power to post it.

Some weeks have this way of one day blurring into another and I don't realize where the whole stinkin' week went. Ya know?

Yeah.

So, it was a Tuesday and let me just start off by saying I DON'T DO NAPS. They make me feel cranky, more exhausted and lifeless from the time I awake from them until I go back down for the night. In essence - they just wipe me out even more I feel.

Well, this day I couldn't keep my eyes open for one. more. second. I was just wiped from travel, from life, from mothering. All of these things.

I konked out on the couch while the children slept and I went into one of those coma-like deep sleeps. We had dance that night, so I was trying to hold myself awake knowing that I could oversleep and run late.

I did in fact oversleep.

It starts at 5:30. Takes 20 minutes to get there. I awoke to LG in my face at 5:25. BB was still asleep upstairs.

If you are a mom - especially a mother of 2 or more - you know that I wasn't getting both kids taken to the potty, diaper changed, bottle prepped, snack packed, leotard put on, and loaded in the car for atleast 30 minutes.


Let's do the math. Ummm. No. We were missing dance class.

Bummer.

So, I hear little man upstairs and go retrieve that cute tub-of-love and let him roll on the floor a few minutes. I am playing with him and sniffing smells that are oh so familiar to a mother's nose. He was rolling around running into my legs and I am pushing him back the other way making him giggle.

I finally look down because I feel wet and my little man has literally pooped all over me. I have it on my pants, on my hands, on my feet, and all over him.

And here's the crazy part - it didn't get on the floor at all. Hallelujah.

I clean him up and change his clothes but realize I am too tired to make the same effort for myself. I washed my hands, but that was the extent of it. Poo stain still fully intact on my cacky courds.

It was nice outside so I decided to take the kids out front to blow bubbles and play. Our neighbors saw us out and invited us to play outside at their house. I walk over with my poo pants on and acted as if it wasn't there. I finally started laughing later and confessed my grossness.

My husband was mortified when I told him later.

Hey - I was tired and I really, really didn't care.

We played and then decided to do a quick drive-through for dinner just for fun and I start loading up BB first and then I hear LG open my door and hit a button.

At the same time I had just shut BB's door.

I had this feeling and when I went to open the other doors on the van and felt none of them open - I may have yelled oh cr*p, which I rarely if ever say and I am hoping that Little Girl didn't hear me. But I was panicking. Baby Boy was inside and we were outside and David was at the church in a meeting and I don't have a spare key to the van. Don't judge me.

I had to call the police department and they tried to get in but couldn't and ultimately called the towing company to jimmy it open. BB was crying for most of that 30 minutes unless I shown the big flashlight the officer gave me and sang BB's song to him.

I told LG I wasn't mad at her because I know it was an accident and I knew she was sorry. She thought she was unlocking the door because she couldn't get her side open. Bless her heart.

She cried when the policeman got here and said she was scared. I think she thought he was going to get onto her for locking her brother in the car. A high-five and a smile from the man in blue cleared it all up though.

We ultimately did get to the fast food restaurant drive-through and we did get all bathed and tucked into bed that night, but I was beyond exhausted at this point.

See what happens when you take a nap?

Craziness.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your story. I think all moms can relate to your day...all of it! You tell stories so well...I could picture everything. It reminded me of a great day of a honking van. Great memories! Can't wait for your next trip to Springfield!

Carli said...

Was that the same night as the sausage incident? Or was that the next night? What a day!

Kara said...

Ummm. Yeah Carli. It was totally the same night!! Thanks for reminding me of the one more act of craziness!! Ha!

Kara said...

Shannon - the honking van experience may never be possible to top!! Ha! Classic.

The Oswalds said...

Oh my, thanks for the laughs! Sorry about the locked car thing. That happened to me once too. Thankfully my next door neighbor has a key to our house. Gotta love those days of "crazy". They make your more thankful for those days of calm. And they keep you laughing. But probably better not take another nap for a while :o)

Julie said...

This is hilarious! I am laughing so hard at the thought of you cruising around your neighborhood with poo on your pants! Oh so funny! On the bright side of BB being locked into the car, atleast he was in a car seat and unable to start in and put in in drive! That will come in a year or so :)

Amber said...

Kara~ as a faithful nap taker- the secret is to take naps EVERY day- otherwise disaster strikes. You must be faithful to the nap or it will beat you down. :) Hilarious picture of you parading around with poo on you!