Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's Wednesday, but I'm already to Friday

So this week has posed to be a fun and productive one.

Yesterday I cleaned and cleaned this little house until sparkled. I posted on facebook that I was scared to move, but what I really meant to say was that I was scared for the kids to wake up.

It's still pr-eee-tty clean now. Not bad.

I also got to enjoy coffee night out with some girlfriends after the kids went to bed. It was so nice to have some uninterrupted girl conversation, because usually when I see these women, the sentences are usually cut short by disciplining, wiping someone, offering a snack, or re-directing a child's issues. But not at coffee time. No sirree. Except we did have this one little toddler who was there with his mother (thanks by the way) who kept meandering our way as we heard momma yelling "1..........2......" Oh. Please. Lady . I don't want to hear someone counting at their child at 9:00 at night when I'm out with my chicks. I count all day. I want to be in a count free zone. :-) ha! Well, it was still great fun and we can't wait to do it again.

The hubs hung up some new curtains in my dining room and I am in a quandry if I like them or not. I'm on the fence. I'm not sure if they hold enough weight for the room or if they are just too flimsy and blah. I don't have any art up in the room though either, so that could be the Blah issue too. I just keep staring at them while Little Girl keeps asking, "mommy - why are you staring?". She'll understand my crazy about decorating one day.

The weather seems nice today and I plan to take the kiddos on a walk to burn off some calories before I eat sushi this evening. We have a babysitter coming over so we can go work on all our financial stuff and make some plans with David's bonuses and stuff. We never have time to sit and talk about it and we figured hiring someone to come over so we can shuffle ourselves to Barnes and Noble with our laptops, pen and paper (and box of Sushi to-go from Ocean's Zen) and work to our heart's content.

Now that my friends is what you call a seriously romantic date night. Or Not. But - it will be productive and that's what we are going for on some days. :-)

I can't wait until Friday. I'm heading up to see my family and me, my mom, sis and sis-in-law are heading out for the day on Saturday to go to this Amish town we hit every year so we can buy up all their yummy food and eat in their amazing restaurant and shop at all the cool stores in town. It is so fun and I hated it that I was gone last year and couldn't make it, so really looking forward to Saturday. Then, of course, we will be home that night to do fun things with the kids for candy collecting and costume wearing fun! God bless the husbands for keeping the kids for us when we go.

Lastly - on Sunday, Dave and I are heading out for the whole day by ourselves in K.C. and eating at our favorite Brunch place and then shopping for some much needed new items. One being shoes and the other being, well, everything. I haven't shopped in awhile. Our night is going to be polished off with a concert that David surprised me with. So You Think You Can Dance is one of my favorite shows and I totally get into all the dancing and the choreography on that show. The top 10 from last season are touring (and are amazing) and we are going to see them Sunday night. Am I like a teenager or what??? I never saw concerts as a kid really, but now I keep finding things that make me smile and even put a little groove back into my soul. Ha!

We are heading back home on Monday and I am sure we will be exhausted from all this excitement packed into one weekend. I'm sure I'll post pics of the trip next week. Have a great rest of your week!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Wow, sounds like a lot of good stuff!