Friday, October 23, 2009

Weekend Plans and Girly fun

Hey friends. If you see me on facebook, you know that Little Girl has been watching Elmo Potty Time lately for a reason unknown to me. The girl has been potty trained for like 2 years, but whatever.

I am literally listening to " grandparents do it.....friends do it.....even famous kings and queens do it....." ya know - the potty song, in the background right now.

Ok.

Ha!

It's been a yucky few days here in MO town, but I am hoping for some relief and maybe even some sunshine tomorrow. Tonight the kids are heading over to Grandma's to hang out and get spoiled while David and I go out to dinner with his boss and his wife. Should be fun. Looking forward to the Thai food for sure. :-)

Tomorrow we are planning on working on our yard hopefully and getting it winterized and fertilized and all things beautiful to keep our grass growing and looking nice for next year. And in the evening me and my friend are taking our daughters out on a girl's night. We are letting them dress up and taking them out to dinner and then to see Alice in Wonderland at our local Children's theater. The guys are staying in with our little boys, so it should be really fun. I haven't told Little Girl though, so I will get great joy out of seeing her excitement when I tell her.

I have been telling you all of all my baking extravaganza's lately, so here is atleast ONE of the recipes that I have made this week that I wanted to share. I made these Smores Muffins yesterday that were to die for. Perfect for Fall and perfect for devouring one gooey bite at a time. Here is a pic of LG helping me bake and the final product. She was awesome in the kitchen and I enjoyed the time with her.



I will be posting the apple muffin recipe soon too, I just have to go locate the Annie Farmer book and copy it down. :-).

Sunday, we are trying a church again for the 2nd time. Crossing my fingers for the sky to open - angels to speak- a dove to land on our heads so we know if that is where God wants us. I'll keep you posted.

Have a great weekend. Go rake some leaves and throw your kids in them - or make some Smores muffins. Or both!!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

We are ALL ABOUT the Elmo potty movie right now. In fact, my little potty trainer is sitting beside me right now on the potty. That song is in my head way to many hours of the day.