Friday, February 19, 2010

Decorating Dilemma

I keep staring at the walls in my living room.

I mean staaaaa-ring.

I am looking in magazines, going to decorator websites, hitting up T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, Pier One, Thrift Stores, Target, Craigslist, Ebay, Online, Hobby Lobby.....and I've got nothing.

I need inspiration.

What always happens when I move into a new home is that I usually start from scratch with new colors and new style ideas. I have a new style started in my living room with my furniture and the new color of Red popping up everywhere throughout my home, but that's where it has stopped.

I need an inspiration piece. I need to find something that I love and that is so "me" that I can build the rest of the room around it. When I find that piece, the rest of the room starts falling into place pretty quickly. My curtains and what to put over the fireplace are my big pieces that I am agonizing over and believe me, when I get those tackled, you will be the first to know and see pictures.

Oh, and my sister generously sent me down a camera to borrow until we get a new one, so I need to take it out of the box and start using it. You can look for pictures of my room progress soon......hopefully. :-)

Lastly, I did find something really cute to put on the bump out wall in my kitchen at Written Decor. I'm thinking about ordering the phrase "you're the cream in my coffee" to go sort of over the bay windows by our breakfast table. I love whimsical sayings, and well, you know I love coffee!

Have a great Friday!

2 comments:

Amber said...

hey Kara- there are a couple more places to get the wall decor like that- my brain is so fried I can't think of the name at the moment but if you want the info I'll be glad to get it for you. Also, Target has some super cute coffee ones last time I was there. :) Good luck finding everything!

Carli said...

Um... before you buy that wall word thingy... let me know. Allison can make that for cheap