Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Inspiration Colors

So I am on a mission to redo my living room as you know from this post, and I have gone as far as slapping a couple of colors on my wall with a paint brush. In other words - I am fully committed now to repainting my living room.

You can't leave 2 large squares of color on your walls for long periods of time and just ignore it. Atleast I can't. So, I did it to get my mojo working in the right direction for this room and decide for sure on my color scheme. I haven't finalized my colors and I think I am going to tweak what I have put up there already. One of the colors is just a tad to bright and the other one is too white (I was going for more of a creamy dreamy look). I will keep working on that and when I have all my colors on the wall and a decision made - you will be the first to see pics.

Here's a sneak peak at my inspiration colors though. This is what I had in my head, but I couldn't see it in the room. The only thing different may be that I will add just a little more whimsy and a little less country for my room. If you remember from pictures past. My leather sectional is chocolate brown and I have one red and tan striped chair and one khaki chair in my room. I am considering the robin egg blue color to pop around my fireplace and a creamy soft color everywhere else. What do you think?

I'm very excited. Keep checking back for my progress.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh WOW! I have to be honest that I would have never picked that robin's egg blue color, but I LOVE it! I second your idea about the blue accent. Well done!

The Oswalds said...

Sounds beautiful! I look forward to pics of the finished product.