Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The "Cold"

I have a cold right now.

I hate being sick.

I hate feeling even just a little bit under the weather, because it puts me in a cranky mood.

LG keeps rubbing my back and asking me if I am better.

BB continues to show no regard for my splitting headache and enjoys the sound of his voice screaming in my ear - 15 hours a day.

Seriously - I am constantly getting comments from people about how loud this little dude is.

Ear. Piercing.

I think the kids are REALLY ready for me to be well again.

I have sneezed 375 times today (give or take 100) and I can't taste my food.

I love food.

Atleast I have my DVR to keep my comfy tonight.

Here are the things that are recording that I can't wait to see:

LOST!!!!!
American Idol
The Good Wife
Teen Mom - after show

David still has to go on a run tonight after the kids go down, but THEN we get to watch at least a couple of these. And, in case you were wondering, he's doing another marathon in April. This one is local and he is excited to have another goal. So proud of him and all his hard work. I get happy with my 3 workouts every week with my friend Julie, but you know - we can't all be super-star runners! :-)

Speaking of health and being in shape - I just ordered a couple of books to possibly start a new diet (shall I say "way of eating") of which I have needed to do for awhile. I tried it once before and fell of the wagon. It's actually called the PCOS diet and it's for people with...........well,.............PCOS. Shocking!! PCOS stands for polycystic ovarian syndrome and people I've got it. One of the main issues for me is insulin resistance and a much greater risk for adult-onset diabetes - of which I would like to NOT have thankyouverymuch! Age 40 can be a trigger number for some potential health issues and I am turning 34 in March. I would like to get a jump start on eating better and seeing how my body feels with it. I know I won't do it perfectly, but I will definitely try. David is going back on his eating plan that he began several years ago and lost 50 lbs. with, and so it's as good of a time as any to do it together.

I'm going to keep doing Weight Watchers until I get ready to dive in on the plan, so I'm guessing that ice cream is out of the question tonight even though I have David's leftover "Moose-tracks" ice cream from his birthday staring at me in the freezer!

My head is pounding from this nasty cold and from all this thinking that I've had to do to write this riveting post.

Love you friends.

Goodnight.

2 comments:

The Oswalds said...

sorry you are sick too. hope it doesn't last as long as ours. get better quick!

Anonymous said...

So sorry this has been a rough week, Kara! I remember the screaming and whining when Riley was that age and I remember how stressful those days are. And being sick doesn't help! Love you and praying for you!