Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Weekend Recap

Sometimes you just need a little R&R away from your beloved children, and this weekend - we got it! It was a business trip, but thankfully, we had a lot of free time too that allowed us to enjoy just hanging out and.......get this...........talking.

Yeah.

We talked.

Revolutionary experience.

All parents should do this at certain times throughout the week. :-)

We actually saw 2 movies. Isn't that crazy?

We saw "When in Rome" - Eh. It was ok. and we saw "Dear John". Looooved the movie. Haaaaated the ending.

We ate at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants of all time - Papa-citos and we even found a store dedicated to only cookies - Nestles Tollhouse. I didn't know that was a real place, but when you walked in and smelled freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, the only thing you can reasonably say is "yes, please. I'll take several".

We shopped at an awesome outdoor mall on Saturday because the weather wasn't horrible and with the sun shining, it was actually sort of pleasant. I bought some really sassy weekend jeans from Old Navy and a couple of cute tops like this one that flow away from the tummy area a bit (hallelujah) and look really nice with a cardigan and a scarf. I also scored a few things from American Eagle that were on sale for like $10 a piece and the fit of these loose and comfy shirts were perfect and made me say things like "I feel thinner" and "oh good - that part looks fairly covered" and happy things like that. My last stop was at DSW Shoe Warehouse because I had a $50 gift card burning a hole in my pocket and I simply HAD to spend it since I don't have one in my sweet little town and I needed shoes. I bought some red ballerina flats - just because, and then I found some simple strappy sandals in black to get myself mentally ready for summer.

And nothing tells you that you aren't ready for summer until you are trying on sandals and all you can think of is how frightening your feet look and how gross it is that you haven't painted your toenails in 3 months and then finally -" WOW! I AM REALLY WHITE RIGHT NOW!!".

Yes, but I am ready and the shopping was a wonderful success.

We met up with some old friends of ours for Sushi and coffee to polish off our time in Texas and it was wonderful. These people are the kind of people you pick up a conversation with like you were just hanging out with them yesterday. And, the crazy thing is, it's been 10 years since we lived there!!! 10 years!! David was in school and we took our first Youth Pastor position at their church and had their awesome kids in our group. Their kids are no longer kids. This is insane.

LG and BB had a blast back home with the Grandmas and the Papas and did one project after another while eating one treat after another. I'm completely surprised they let us back in the house with all that fun! :-)

I plan on posting some fun recipes this week, so stay tuned. And say HI for heaven's sake. :-)

Happy Tuesday.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

What a wonderful weekend away. I love finding great sales on things that you love.

Christie's Corner said...

Cute shirt! Did you get the navy or white?

Kara said...

I actually bought the grey, blue and black striped one that's available on there. I love it! Welcome back Christie! Glad to see you back in the blogging world my friend! :-)

The Oswalds said...

Hi! Glad you had a fun weekend. Sounds like a great shopping weekend and 2 movies! Wow! I'm jealous!

Bekkah said...

i felt the same way about "dear john" when i saw it with approx 100 girls from my campus ministry haha. i would LOVE to go to the Tollhouse! sounds like you guys had a great time!

Lynn said...

Fun post! Sounds like you made great use of every minute together.

lol at the "surprised they let us back in the house" comment. Grandparents always get to be the fun ones. ;o)