Friday, April 25, 2008

But I don't want a new name!

As any devoted reader of this blog should know (Ahem) - the reason behind the title of my blog is because Little Girl started calling both David and I "Moddy". It was a basic instinct like when you have 3 children named Sam, Louie and Savannah and you start calling for them up the stairs by saying "Sa-Louie-Vannah - whatever your name is. Get down here!"

She was used to being with mommy all day so when daddy shows up and comes home, of course she is going to start to call out for mommy naturally, but then realize daddy is there and reverse the person to whom she is calling out for. Thus the name Mo.....ddy.

I don't know how it happened or why it happened, but it did in fact happen.

My name was changed.

She must not be aware that I already named my blog after this cutesie-tootsie nickname that she has bestowed upon us, and that changing things up now will only disturb the universe and, well, me!

Oh, David is still Moddy with full force. "Moddy - can you come help me?", "Moddy, I love you!" Super cute - right?

Well, you will be excited to know that my ears rang of only sweet joy when I heard my new name being called a little while back.

"Dammy!"

Dammy?

Dammy.

Yeah. Not really a fan of this one.

Just so she knows. I am not changing my blog to "Dammy's thoughts, prayers and adventures". Not exactly the same ring to it.

So, the name has now stuck with me and she has started calling me Dammy and David she calls Moddy. Thankfully, this is only a few times a day and I still get the good ol' plain "mommy" called out as well. Yikes.

Just so you know - my husband is quite amused at Little Girl's new nickname for me and is equally amused that he got left with the name that should be mine!

Maybe when little girl is older, she will look back on this blog and see the pain she has caused her mother and laugh her head off weep.

Signing off,

Dammy

Moddy

7 comments:

Lynn said...

From the mouths of babes....too cute!

Amber said...

too funny!

Anonymous said...

You know this is your new name because of your claim of "I have never uttered a curse word in my life." hee hee.......

Kara said...

Yes - I am officially being mocked by my 2 year old. Nice.

The Oswalds said...

That's too funny! I'd stick with Moddy too. :o)

Julie said...

Love the new name! ha! (sorry so short of a comment, hard to type!)

Anonymous said...

I think Dammy is a da... darn good name! Oh I'm really laughing on this one!