Sunday, April 6, 2008

Indy Update

WE ARE NOT MOVING!!!


WE FEEL CALLED TO AFRICA!!!......................

hee hee

Sorry.

Really late April Fool's Joke. Trying to trick you all out there so you could officially confirm that we are crazy.

Ok. here's the real update.

We are going to a design center in the morning to look at specific things for this potential semi-custom house we are going to build.

The bless-ed youth pastor's wife who also has a 2 1/2 year old daughter (and also 3 older boys) has offered to watch Little girl while we go to said design center and make my life and morning about a million times easier. Thank you!!!!!!

We have decided to stay an extra day and tidy some things up with this potential build and look into a good ol' apartment situation for the 6 months that we will be building. We are quite tired right now since we have been running around every day and Little girl's sleeping has consisted of very restless nights with only 7 hours or so of sleep for her (she usually does 11!) and then 45 minute naps in the car here or there. She is so toasted and exhausted in every way. David and I felt like we had drank a gallon of caffeine last night because we were still wide awake and talking about house stuff at 2:00 a.m. We literally couldn't go to sleep and then Little girl woke up at 5:00 saying "I want to watch a show!" I don't think so girlie. We all took a nice long 3 hour nap together this afternoon and feel a bit better. We are getting ready to check out now though and hopefully head off to dreamland.

I got my wonderful Whole Foods Market fix the other night, and let me just say, it was not my New York Experience at all. It was lovely! There was no pushing, shoving or squeezing through anyone to get to an organic jar of salsa. It was relaxing and fun as any shopping experience should be when your husband is out in the car with your sleeping 2 year old. Ah! The fun!

We will be driving home on Tuesday and praying for our house to sell quickly so we can start the life we feel God is calling us too. I would like to make a request though - Julie, Shannon, all my girlfriends, all my family - will you come too? C'mon. I know you've always wanted to go. Throw caution to the wind and stick your goods in a UHAUL! What do you say? No go? I tried. As you will see - I get through tough situations by joking and making it light because I know how sad I will be to leave everyone. I am a "push through it and don't stop to cry until you have to" kind of girl - this is just how I roll. I save the tears for a rainy day when it all hits me. That's why I love this blog though. I get to stay connected to everyone that is so near and dear to my heart and at least keep them updated on MY life and get to hear from them every once in awhile in the process.

Oh yeah. I went to Bath and Body Works this week to pick up a new favorite of mine that has become my aromatherapy addiction. I was feeling generous to all my bloggy friends and bought 2. Watch this next week to see when I will do something fun to give one of them away. Don't you love free "Products"? I am a product junkie. I hope you enjoy it as much as I will!

5 comments:

Christie's Corner said...

Oooh. Building a house really sounds fun to me...that is the talk of a girl whose never done it and thinks it all must just be glorious!

Go ahead and put my name on the B&B aromatherapy. :)

Julie said...

Hey, I didn't sabotage your open house on Sunday. I should totally get a freebie gift. Ha! I just told a few people about your mold damage and cockroach problems. Just kidding, I was out of town. I guess I'll be praying that it sells.

Kara said...

Julie - You officially crack me up!

Natalie K said...

We thought you moved to Aubudoubi? Where are you kids? Do you live in NY? What has happened to you. I almost stopped by your house the other day to ding dong ditch you. Fill me in...

Alana said...

It sounds like things are moving along! What kind of B&B aromatherapy product did you get? My favorite is the lavender vanilla...