Monday, April 14, 2008

Goals (or shall I say - Struggles) for the Week

Things in my life have been in such holding patterns for really the last couple of years, and to be honest, I am SO OVER IT. I am over the leaving my friends behind, finding new doctors, unpacking a suitcase, unpacking a house, cleaning my house and eating out so much in all the process that I put on an extra 10 pounds that my jeans DO NOT appreciate. Ugh. I am so ready for a fresh start. Some destiny. Some purpose. A chance to put down roots in a place I can call HOME for a really. long. period. of. time. Shall I say it a little slower for emphasis? Very. Long. Period. Whew! Had to get that out there. I know you have never heard my ramblings about all my moves before. This is totally new information - right? Right.

So, someone is supposedly making an offer on our house tonight after only 2 weeks of being on the market and there is someone else coming for the 4th time (crazy!) on Wednesday and are interested in the house as well. I am feeling encouraged because this transition so far seems to be moving on it's own accord and quite smoothly I might add. I am starting to see the light at the end of the "holding pattern" tunnel and when this happens girls - I start setting some goals for myself. No other reason for this than it is fun for me. It motivates me and makes me feel like I am moving forward.

So, on this sunny, yet chilly, Monday afternoon, I am going to bless your socks off with an amazing list of goals that will surely inspire you to be a better wife, mother, work-out partner, blogger, follower of Christ...............oh yeah. I could keep going, but I don't want to intimidate people here. My job is to encourage - not tear down. :-) Sarcasm is over. Thank you.

OK. The goals. Here we go:

Sell my house. (no small feat here, but we're trying.)

Stop finishing all the food off of little girl's plates (seriously - I know I inhale about 1000 extra calories every day by doing this)

Start one of the devotionals you lovely chicks recommended to me last week.

Do a pilates video and/or walk ATLEAST 3 times each week. (I'm starting this right after I finish typing this blog. Keep me accountable!)

Play more with little girl during this transition (I'm pretty sure throwing a ball at her for catch while I am typing a blog does not count.....hmmm.)

Remember to take the Build-A-Bear to the mall to be repaired that I have already went to the mall to do twice now. Each time, I have forgotten said bear to be "rebuilt". It has an owey. Mommy has issues with picking him up and putting him in the car even when she has said "ok Little Girl. Let's go to the mall to get that bear fixed." I still somehow get to the mall and start shopping and as we slowly begin the passing of the Build-A-Bear workshop - I see Little Girl's excitement start to build as she says "let's fix my bear mommy!!" I have to then convey the sad truth to my daughter of my brain cells being deformed and not working properly since I became a mother. Third time is a charm. Sorry bear. Sorry sweetie.

Start my newest Karen Kingsbury book, Between Sundays, which I have had since Christmas. I have some issues actually starting a book, but once I get past the first few chapters I am officially hooked. Anybody read this one yet??

Get serious about losing weight. I already have the goal in here about exercise. I guess this one pertains to my eating. C'mon Kara - get it together! This was my own pep-talk. Anybody want to help me out here?


Try to like my haircut and color that I get this Thursday. I have troubles liking ANY HAIRCUT I ever get. See #43 on my 50th Post for confirmation.

Lastly - my goal for this week is......did I already say lose weight?

Ok.

Fine.

Goodbye girls.

11 comments:

Joy said...

Kara I really enjoy reading about your family. You have a beautiful daughter and I'm so happy for you. I remember you teaching Sunday School and me being your helper. I have a picture with Matt Brosam and Rachel Mahurin in our class and she has a baby and Matt graduates this year and they were pretty little in the picture.
4-5? I don't know if you've checked out the Hungry Girl website it's pretty good.They will send an e mail everyday with good ideas. Keep writing God Bless Joy Jackson

Kara said...

Joy!! Oh my goodness. It is so great to see a comment from you. My sister sent me a copy of your email today. I appreciate the note and would love to hear from you any time on my blog. It feels like a lifetime ago that we were back at Susquehanna and I was preparing to go off to college. Yikes! I hope you and Chuck and the kids are doing well. I know Bryan is married. How is Krysta (Am I remembering their spellings right?)

Amber said...

Kara~ I hear you about the holding pattern. I am getting ready to enter a HUGE one! I do NOT like it already. Have any hints for how to survive? (:
I am thinking about focusing on self-improvement....

Christie's Corner said...

Ok, a little encouragement comin' at ya for the working out. I hate working out (no, that's not the encouraging part). I used to have all these excuses about why I couldn't do it...mostly related to WHEN WOULD I GET IT DONE. BUT in October, I realized I had a character flaw called "lack of discipline" that was permeating many areas of my life and it occurred to me that if I could conquer it in just ONE area of my life that I perhaps could conquer it in ALL. So, I picked working out. Since then, save weekends or illness, I have been getting up at 6am to work out 30 minutes before the family gets up. I hate getting out of bed every day, but I am getting more disciplined, more fit and have tons more energy! If I can do it, you can do it, girl!

Goodness, that was so long I should have just blogged about it. Maybe I will!

Julie said...

Christie is completely right, lack of self discipline for me. I've never looked at it that way. I am going through the whole "Ugh.." phase right now. Finding excuses for everything. I am the only one to blame for my issues because I am the only one who can change them. Basically I have a choice and right now I am choosing to be lazy. Not good. I'm going to work on self discipline. Whoops! Sorry to have such a revelation on the comment section of your blog. I'm a comment hog. Excellent Blog though.

Lynn said...

Great post...entertainment, encouragment, and conviction all in one place today!

Lianne said...

I think it's the time of year that's making me lazy. Don't we all go through spurts where we feel like we're on overdrive accomplishing much and then other times when we feel like it takes everything in us to make our bed or make dinner???? That's where I am right now!
Kara, you always seem to have it all together and I think you do even right now. You're probably putting too much pressure on yourself girlfriend!

Kara said...

Thanks Lianne. I need to keep you on the "friend to go to for encouragement" list. I am also with you on the season of "I am WAY too tired to cook dinner" thing. I sometimes love cooking and have no issues and then there are times like now that I literally get to 5:00 and look at the thawed out chicken and think "no way. I don't feel like chopping, sauteing, broiling or baking. Let's go out!!" :-)

Jamie said...

I am sorry to say that your post made me feel guilty. I keep saying when I get to a certain point in my life I'll do this or that. Funny thing that time never comes. I have a lot of great excuses. I'm ready to buckle down
and just do it. I struggle with lack of motivation. I need someone to help hold me accountable.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

You have a wonderful blog here. I am so glad I found it. I will be back for sure. I feel I can relate. We have moved sooooo often.

Alana said...

I am in my second week of doing excercise 3 or more times per week. So I'm with you on that goal. Also, working on the eating. Ugh.

Also need to work on playing with my kids more!