Sometimes when you put down -something that is happening in your life - on paper (or on computer screen), it can tend to make it a bit more real and scary. However, I have hinted and briefly talked about some of the most exciting news going on in our life right now, so now I am ready to just spill it.
Yes, we are building a house and getting settled into our new church and David's new role as Communications Pastor and trying to create some life-long friends and make sure that Little Girl is feeling peaceful and "at-home" here in this State of Indiana,
but, we are REALLY excited right now at the gift of becoming parents once again. And this time. To a BOY!
Wow - what a trip it has been transferring my brain to the Blue side of the department stores and looking at overalls and camo tennis shoes instead of pink lace and hair bows.
My life has been an interesting journey and it has definitely not been what I expected or what I would have planned out in my head - especially not my journey to motherhood.
For some it is just something you plan for and then you do it and life is life. I envy that more than you know, and in the same breath - I actually don't. Sometimes the pain of the waiting and the sorrow of the road is what makes the victory that much sweeter. Sometimes the paths we planned for ourselves are nothing like what God has planned for us and they don't compare in the blessing that comes from His infinite wisdom about what we need and what will prove to be most fulfilling.
I love adoption. I love all that it represents and I love that this is how my family has been built thus far. The uniqueness and the awesomeness of how God creates a family from some of the most challenging of circumstances is a cool thing to experience and be a part of. When I look at my daughter, I know I see only the fact that she is my child and the Lord perfectly orchestrated her little life to be born and to be placed with us forever. He has a plan for my life and he also has a special plan for each of my children's lives. I am honored to be chosen for this task.
I wanted to share something with you that was also shared with me this week. A special woman that has been in my husband's family's life for a very long time and who walks especially close with the Lord sent an email to my mother in law for us. She has spoken one word of affirmation after another over us this past year as we've been going through a time of searching and it was apparent the Lord was using her to speak to us and give us clear direction on some things. You can imagine our heart's delight at hearing the words she shared just this very week, because I cannot tell you how I delighted in them and knew in my heart it was straight from heaven.
Here is what her message was:
“My eyes are filled with water of tears of JOY to hear the praise report of precious "Michael David"... yes, HE is who GOD hand picked for the ________ family... He is on assignment from God... He will move all of your hearts and speak amazing faith to you all... I feel the HOLY SPIRIT on all of this...
Ask David and Kara to stay focused on the LORD and HIS assignment for them... They are qualified... at work/home/play/ministry... just life in general... God is taking them immediately to a NEW LEVEL... a NEW Birthing... “
I share this intimate piece of our life with you because it is such a testimony of God's power and care for our lives. I am not unique or special in how God has the details of our journey planned out to a "T". I am anxious to bring this blessed baby boy home with us sometime in September. His due date is September 6th, but we are just waiting for an actual phone call of when she goes into labor with our boy. We will be in the State he is being born in for about 10 days until we go to court and then we get to bring him home with us.
Little Girl and all the cousins are so excited for his arrival. I will share some fun pictures with you of our getting ready for our new addition!
God is faithful to us. And please just pray for us over these next few weeks that we can stay focused on the Lord and His plan for us as we anxiously await this life changing event that will start to unfold.
I would love to hear from all of you - my friends from far and wide, so please feel free to email me at any time. My email is on my profile page, but it is also karamak@mac.com.
Thank you, as always, for sharing in our joy with us. We can't wait to have him in our arms and kissing his sweet face.
I better go get my rest now, because my life is about to change!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh, Kara, I just love your heart. God DOES have HUGE plans for you and for this little life. I am SO excited for you. You're right, life doesn't always turn out the way we hope or plan, but GOD IS GOOD. I'll be praying for you over the coming weeks. You've got a lot going on in your life, girl!
I am excited for you and I will be praying for your family.
Wow! That word from the Lord really hits home, huh? It's amazing when God speaks directly to us. Sometimes I feel like he's WAY up there, when all along he's right here listening to me, weeping with me, and celebrating with me. My favorite saying is "God's delays are not necessarily God's denials." Timing is everything only he understands. I can't be more excited for you. I have loved walking in some of this journey with you. All of our prayers were heard and now answered. Now, the real journey begins. I might have to do a blog dedicated to you titled "the difference btwn raising boys and girls." hehehe Get ready for mud, spit, and mohawks!
I'm just so excited for you! I can't wait to see that baby boy! The clothes are absolutely adorable. And the house is looking really great, too. Lot's of exciting things happening in your life right now.
I have to say that you are an incredible women. I love that God has allowed our paths to meet. Just reading your blog inspires me. I am so excited about this new little bundle that will be a part of your family. Just know that Jon and I are praying for you guys!! Thanks for being such an inspiration:-) By the way your house looks amazing!! Oh I love the little van shoes in the pic of all the goodies for Michael. Who got those for him??? (LOL)
That was so beautiful. It is so amazing and truly exciting. That is such a wonderful testimony. We will definitely be praying for you as you bring home your wonderful little son.
Post a Comment