I'm done, and I don't mean with my children.
with my Christmas Shopping of course!!
David and I went to the mall tonight (yeah - where the crazies are) and we purchased our very last 2 items to cross off the beloved list. It feels good. They are simple gifts and they are thoughtful gifts and they are DONE gifts. All my favorite things.
We had people over to our house last night for holiday food goodness. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, mac & cheese, cheesy vegetables, cheesy hashbrown casserole and numerous pies and desserts.
And did I tell you about my rolls?
No - not the kind made with yeast, the kind that hangs over my jeans. Seriously. I am in a desperate state here. I am sitting at my computer right now wondering if my sugar belly can touch my legs or not while hunched over typing. This always happens at the holidays. I try to show restraint and then somebody hands me a frosted sugar cookie with pretty sprinkles and I am done. I also have made 2 pecan pies in the last 3 weeks and they are so good that I won't tell you how many pieces I have had. Yum.
Really, Really need to get a hold of myself. Please call the portion control police on me because I have violated several codes at this point.
On a fun note - I got an early gift today in the mail. I got a letter from Michael's birth mom and it was so great to hear from her and listen to her heart in this letter. She loves this boy and we know what a gift we have been given this Christmas to get to parent and raise this beautiful boy we know as our son. My kids are my greatest gift and I also feel blessed to know these women that gave them life so that David and I could give them A life and a home and a place to grow up and know Jesus.
Good stuff -this momma thing. :-)
Did I mention this post was random?
Anyhoo.
Did you all catch that I have a "follower" widget or gidget or midget (whatever) on my side bar? I can look like I have a cult-like following should you want to add your name to the list. You can put yourself on there anonymously or you can put it to where it shows your blogger photo and I will get to see your pretty face more often. Feel free to add yourself. Right now I have my old buddy Carrie up there. Thanks girl! It would be fun to see who all my peeps are that I "talk" to every other day or so on here.
Little girl has reindeer dust (oatmeal and glitter) to sprinkle in our yard so that Santa can find our house easier this year, and she has a plate for Santa's cookies and milk (and a few carrots for rudolph) and she also has her nativity where we talk about Jesus's blessed birth and the real reason we celebrate on Dec 25th. Christmas is a magical and joyous time at our house. I am trying to stay balanced in the fun and play of the holiday and the greatest gift of all in a baby wrapped in swaddling clothes. I pray you are all finding this balance at your home as well. Merry (early) Christmas everybody.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I am so glad that someone has gotten there Christmas shopping done:). Good for you. Did I mention that your pecan pie was AMAZING!!! When I got home and the little one in bed I endulged in my plate of "sin" I mean goodies. I enjoyed it ever so much. Thanks for a great fun evening:)
I still wish I had a video camera Bekah to see you devouring all those sweets after Ryan drifted off to sleep. You nursing momma - you!!! :-)
I have to tell you.. I used your mamma's meatball recipe for the Ivaska(my side) family Christmas last night. They were a hit!! Everyone loved them.. Thank you for sharing the recipe.. I will take any and all recipes that you offer.. (hint hint)... Cooking is sooo not my thing.. I can do it, but I DO not enjoy it... I get into a rut... So thanks for the help...
Your blog was so sweet today.. I got tears in my eyes when I heard about the letter.. What a blessing.... God is so Good!!! I can't say it enough..
I hope you enjoy your day.. It is Jason's birthday today.. so his parents are coming over and we are celebrating...
I'm officially your "follower" now, too!
Isn't it so great to be all finished with your shopping? That is a question, not a statement...because I have no idea!!! ;-)
Haha. It was definitely a sight to see:).
Very cute idea on the reindeer food. (:
I also am trying desperately to find my self-control. It got lost somewhere around May of this year and I have yet to find it. Sigh.
I'm a follower too! Love the randomness. I also love the oatmeal and glitter idea. Might have to steal that one. Also wondering, if this is the same Kara that was so stressed out last year b/c she didn't have any traditions started with her family. You are now officially the tradition setting queen! Rule on!
Post a Comment