I made another easy (non-themed) Bento for Little Girl to take to school today. I haven't been stressing myself out with super fancy ones or heavily themed ones. I still have a lot of accessories I would like to purchase like small veggie and cheese cutters, more punch-outs and other things like that, but for now - just the cute display of food and variety are making it fun.
Here is what we packed today.
I rolled out 2 slices of whole wheat bread with a rolling pin and made them nice and flat. I spread on some pb&j and rolled them up like "sushi" and cut them into little rounds. Aren't these cute? I also threw in a few whole strawberries with a fun animal pick for easy pick-up. I diagonally sliced up a piece of string cheese in the tiny silicone container, and threw in a few carrots too. Veggie straws are next to the sushi sandwich, and then I have some raisins and Cars cheez-its in the top corner separated by some "Baran".
LG loved this lunch and she actually said that the whole thing stayed completely in tact when she opened it up today. Yay!
Oh, and that little "tree" made out of fruit leather was just to add something fun. I am aware that it is completely random, but I had no other small cookie cutters available. She was still happy. :-) How about a shout-out for Christmas in August in my BENTO! :-)
Let's move onto my next favorite thing of the night - 2 new MAGAZINES! I have lots of time to sit in carline with this new school schedule and there is nothing better than a fun magazine to flip through while you wait. You all know how I love the Real Simple Magazine? It has the best house cleaning tips, makeup and fashion tips, organizational tips and totally SIMPLE recipes to boot. Well, I discovered another new one today - Real Simple Family!!
I discovered it today while lolly-gagging around Walmart with Baby Boy while we were waiting to meet Ms. Julie. Total Score!
It looks really fun and has great snack ideas for kids and so much more!
The other magazine that Ms. Julie discovered for me is called Yum Food and Fun for Kids. It has great school lunch ideas (BENTO!) holiday food and easy weeknight dinner ideas! I just started looking through it, but it looks awesome.
Head to Barnes & Noble and check 'em both out!
Nighty-Night friends.

2 comments:
You and all these Bento boxes. I've been so impressed. Then again, you are so fun and creative so I shouldn't be surprised. I just love all the randomness you dip ur hand in I can't wait to see what will be next!
I did the sushi roll thing with Grey's lunch today. He had ham and cheese sushi rolls ;) Adorable! Great idea. I'm off to get that Real Simple Family magazine.
Post a Comment