Saturday, August 13, 2011

School Zone and Fun Books to Read


I am totally in the Back to School/Starting School for the very 1st time ZONE.

Last week I cleaned out our "cleaning closet" which also houses the kids' backpacks and other items that need to head out the door with us in the morning on our way to the garage.

It felt so good to get that done. I love being able to WALK in there now. :-)

This week I focused on LG's room and I organized her closet, bagged up all her clothes she can't wear, re-did her drawers in a more efficient way in her dresser, purged some unused toys, cleaned out the humidifier with vinegar, changed her sheets, organized all her new shoes with a new shoe rack, dusted, vacuumed and set out her numerous art projects and sculpture pieces she has made so that we can all look at them in all their glory.

It was quite the chore for one day.

Next, I went to Baby Boy's room today and did the same, but he doesn't have nearly as much stuff and I felt like I weeded through his things in just a few hours as opposed to 8 hours. Both of their rooms make me happy and I love the feel of it.

I have been thinking through what type of lunches I want to make LG for next week and this is one that I think is super cute.

(Julie - you should do this one for Greyson. He would love it in all it's "reptile-ness")

I have that frog "lunch punch" and I love that they used the crown part to cut out some cheese and put it on top for the crown.

Another fun way we have been getting ready for Kindergarten and Preschool is with BOOKS. LG's Aunt and Uncle sent her a fun little girly bag with a "boa" on it and it was filled with 3 awesome new reads.

One was "Mrs. Bindergarten gets ready for Kindergarten"


And the second one was my nephews personal favorite - "Who will go to Kindergarten Today?"


The last one had nothing to do with school, but we loved it anyway. "Pinkalicious" Woo! Hoo!


Then, My sweet friend Lindsey came over tonight, along with my friend Christy and she brought the kids some little Back To School Treats. It was so thoughtful of her and the kids exclaimed with joy over their presents.

She got LG the book "The Night Before Kindergarten" - which we didn't have and we wanted, so YAY!


And, guess what she got BB? I didn't even know this one existed. - "The night before Preschool" What??? SO cute!!


I believe I will read these to my children 6X per day until school starts. I am in love.

One last book I want to purchase is this little cute one I saw advertised at Barnes & Noble. "Peanut Butter and Homework Sandwiches"

Are you with me on the cuteness?

So, I am hoping that if you are in SCHOOL mode like me, then maybe this will give you some fun ideas of something to get with your kiddos, or at the very least, take them to Barnes & Noble and find a cozy chair to read these to them.

The countdown is on - only 6 days left until my girl starts the big K!!!


1 comment:

Julie said...

LOVE the reptile lunch and the kindergarten books are adorable!! Can't wait for our girl hang out time!