Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It pays to let somebody barf in your car seat!

Oh boy do I love chocolate.  Right now I am currently on a perpetual sugar high.  I pretty much am eating throughout the day for shear enjoyment and the pleasure of the sweet goodness in my mouth.  Weight Watchers would look away from me in shame right now.  I need to get it together, but I keep having obstacles in my way (i.e. The Peanut Butter Company, Tribeca Treats, Amazing bakeries on every corner here in New York City).  Well, today is no different my friends and what can I do but enjoy some more cocoa-lisciousness!  Last Saturday I saw a post for someone needing to borrow a carseat for the day in the city.  I have a car seat here just sitting in my closet and thought "Well, why not.  It would be fun to share (right Makenna?)".  I left it with the doorman downstairs.  They borrowed.  Had a fun day.  Returned it the next.  She emailed me a huge apology because her son got carsick and, well........barfed all over the seat.  She said she cleaned it for me, but would buy me a new cover if I was uncomfortable.  My response was that of any rational mother.........this happens.  That is what washing machines are for.  I hope you had a fun day (minus the carsickness).  Well, lo and behold - David comes upstairs with the sweetest surprise in his hands.  Serena (the car seat borrower) had left me a super-sweet card and a box of GODIVA chocolates to thank me for "sharing" last Saturday. How cool is that?  I don't remember if I have ever even eaten Godiva's beautiful chocolates before, but you better believe that I am having a pre-dinner treat as soon as I am done typing. Thank you Serena!  You can let your son barf in my daughter's car seat any old time!  Hee Hee 

3 comments:

Christie's Corner said...

This post is both completely disgusting (another kids barf??? Ewww!) and utterly dee-lish all in one. Kudos!

Kara said...

I know. I know. I'm with you on the gross part, and then I eat my chocolate and think - AAh! Makenna's done worse in that car seat! :-)

Julie said...

Oh boy..."other kid" puke is gross. But, Godiva is so good. I think I would probably loan it out to her again!