Monday, April 11, 2011

A dog named Sage

We went to the park this weekend with some of my lifegroup girlfriends and their kiddos. The weather was perfect and I even got a little sun on my arms. Whoop! Whoop! After a ton of fun of running around, giggles, playing in the dirt and mulch and climbing across the monkey bars, we ended the morning petting a dog named Sage.

The kids were melty.

She really was pretty cute.

She already has an owner, so don't get all whipped up here.

The kids asked if they could pet her and they got licks and head nudges and they soaked up all of the doggy cuteness. The owner told the kids she was a "rescue dog" and that she had her for just a couple of months.

That settled it for Little Girl. She wanted a rescue dog too. One just like Sage. She LOVED Sage.......in all their long 3 minutes of knowing one another. Well, I came to find out that the reasons LG wanted a "rescue dog" was that if she was in trouble........she could get rescued by her new canine friend.

I had to burst her bubble that the dog was the one that was rescued, not that she had superpowers. Ha! So cute.

But she has mentioned this doggy all weekend and done the whole heavy sigh "ahhhhhh, I wish I had a dog" sort of thing. Mommy still isn't ready, but we're getting closer. Pretty much. :-)

I have been a little slack in working on my menu for the week today. I may actually figure it out as I type. Here is what sounds good and I already have most of the ingredients for:

taco/taco salad night with chips and guacamole
breaded chicken tenders with mac-n-cheese
CEREAL :-)
chicken and vegetable fried rice
Spaghetti and Meatballs with Salad
Out for Mexican food.

Have a great night. Cook something yummy for your family this week. Maybe surprise them one night with some yummy cookies, home-made brownies or even some chocolate pudding for dessert. They just might kiss you!

Nighty-Night

3 comments:

christy_tree said...

Definitely time for a dog!!! :)

Jessica said...

You would certainly earn cool mom points if you got a dog!

Unknown said...

Rescue dogs are the BEST! We've had our Daisy dog for over a year and she is just phenomenal with the kids - she is athletic, beautiful, smart and I wouldn't be surprised if she had superpowers :) Can you tell that I'm a mama in love with her furry kid?

I'm chanting with LG - Dog! Dog! Dog! Dog! Dog!

-Cheryl