Monday, April 4, 2011

Fun Monday

Before I share about my day - I first must share a recipe that I promised you (on Facebook anyway) :-) Here's my recipe for my Favorite Brownies. I posted them over at The Recipe Box.

Today was a great day. I dropped the kiddos off at Grandma's for a day of fun and I headed straight to the gym to pay for my sins from the above recipe. :-) THen I got ready and met David for lunch at this fun place in town called "Grad School". I know. Weird name for a restaurant. It's a total dive filled with smoke from the open kitchen that is right there amongst the 20 or so seats for all of us to sit. It's a bunch of guys running the show and they are filled with tattoos and scruffy facial hair. They are some of the nicest guys around and the service is great. And the food............

Oh my goodness. It's amazing. David snapped a quick picture of me eating my meal called "The Fit Chick" which was so yummy. I talked David into getting this turkey sandwich with an avocado spread, sprouts and bacon, and fries on the side - just so I could have a little sample. DEE-VINE!!! I am ready to go back. Such a fun little lunch date.

I am fully aware that I look a mess and not remotely "gorgeous" for a lunch date, but I was in a time crunch people and this is all I could do. Ha! It was great though.

Then we ran a couple of errands before he headed back to work. I took a quick trip to Target- ALONE and purchased myself a little nonfat caramel machiatto to enjoy during my browsing expedition. I walked out spending over $100, again. Seriously - can't I leave with just an item or two? Clearly I cannot. It was toothpaste, and sandals for BB, paper products, pull-ups, snacks, some makeup, shampoo, conditioner and even a couple of $1 toys for the kids when I need to bribe them. :-)

I checked on my little garden and love all the little sprouts I am seeing.



Yay!!

It's a crazy week again this week, which means the menu will be a little loose and maybe even some dinners out. We don't do that very often.

Nevertheless - here's what I'm cooking this week

Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup with grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches
Cereal :-)
turkey burger, potato wedges and salad
Arris Pizza - night out
Crockpot Beef Stroganoff

Nighty-Night my friends!

No comments: