Thursday, April 21, 2011

Half-Marathon & Cupcakes

Yeah..........about that....................

I'm doing one!! Me and my lifegroup girls decided we wanted to do a half-marathon together this coming November. We will probably walk most of it and run a little bit too, so it really will be for fun as opposed to doing it for "time". I ran several miles today and felt exhausted. I've got a ways to go. I love having a goal that I am chasing with other people doing it with me.

It actually feels attainable that way.

On my own, I would never sign up for something like this, nor would I ever want to. But make it a group event where I get to connect with some girlfriends while I get exercise and the thrill of accomplishing something and I am SO THERE!

I am not a runner. I am in shape right now, but I still feel like I can get winded more easily than I would like. I know that I have a lot of long walk/runs ahead of me this Summer.

I need to make sure I am eating more salads than cupcakes these next few months, and that should totally help too.

Speaking of cupcakes!!!!

Remember those Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes I made a while back? Well, they were DEE-VINE and I was telling my hair dresser girl (is that still what I'm supposed to call her?) about them. I told her I would bring her one and delivered them to her the week of Valentines Day. She loved them and told her boyfriend about them who just happens to own a restaurant here in town. A restaurant where he likes to name food after people.

Well........he made them too and added his own little twist by serving them warm and kind of like a souffle. They were a huge hit, so he is putting them on the menu and their name will be....drumroll please.....

KARA'S CAKES

Seriously. I feel kinda famous. My friend Julie and I are going to go sample these lovely creations here in the next couple of weeks to see if they live up to their name. If you live in the area, you have to go try them too.

Anybody wanna guess where they will be served? This restaurant had a wine and dessert tasting a few weeks ago with these cupcakes. Any guesses?

I'm ending on this note. A cupcake note. I can't wait to go have one. I better go run first.

Nighty-Night

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome that you are going to do a half marathon! Between David, you, your dad & Kevin - you guys are becoming a running family :)

You should bring your "Kara cakes" to the family reunion this year......you leave me as a reader salivating, but with gas prices, unable to drive that far to satisfy curiosity! I always knew you would be the one who would be famous ;)

-Cheryl

lindseybreeden1 said...

Wow! I've always wanted to know someone famous. Can I have your autograph? Can't wait for a Friday cheat on my diet night so I can go try your cupcakes!!!! Btw you got me a little nervous when you said you ran several miles the other day in preparation for the half marathon. I hope there is a lot more walking then running!! Lol ;-) ;-)

Kelley said...

Where is this place with Kara's cakes??? I need one, my bootcamp instructor would advise otherwise! How fun that you have a menu item named after you, I am impressed!