My friend Julie and I (you've heard me talk about Julie before, right?) :-) - well, we decided we needed a little more Jesus in our lives and committed ourselves to doing a Bible Study together. We had considered maybe forming a group and meeting once a week after kids go to bed at like a coffee shop or something, but it was one more thing on the calendar right now and we didn't think it would work.
We came up with a brilliant idea though. We work out together everyday anyway and our kids are in childcare and can happily stay there for up to 2 hours, so...........we have decided that on Wednesdays that we will get in and out for our workout and then head over to the Subway/cafe area at the gym and grab a snack and talk about our Bible Study for the week. Brilliance. We had decided to do the Beth Moore study on Esther. I had started it with my friend Carli back in Indiana, but when we moved, I was only 1/2 way through the book and never finished. And this study is goooo-oooood. Seriously. I told her I would get my book and we could start. I knew I had just seen it. Well, no surprise - I couldn't find it even though I knew it was here. Fooey. Well, I'm happy to say - I found Esther today, so our study can begin tomorrow! Woo! Hoo! I'm not going to lie - I"m a little excited about our quiet chat time without the kids too. Total bonus.
Anywho - I had my friend Lindsey over tonight and we had some yummy Chicken Stir Fry for dinner and the kids didn't bug us too much (at least I don't think so. I'd have to ask Lindsey what she thought. Ha!) It was nice to catch up outside of Lifegroup. Such a fun evening. Oh - and my friend Erin (also from LG) has a blog talking about her going "Raw" for a year. She is doing this to support Lindsey. Go hear her awesome story here. Also - if you enjoy it - become a follower so she can do more fun giveaways and some other cool things. I know she would really appreciate it!!
I may or may not be dreaming of something chocolate and forbidden right now and I am trying to gain control. I know I have a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich in the freezer that may have to fill the bill for only 2 Weight Watcher points tonight. I have little self control right now and am fighting the urge to BAKE! Somebody help me.
On a final note, I am needing to have a garage sale this spring, but I am dreading the process of dragging things out, pricing and setting up and all that jazz. I need some house money, so I am motivated, but I hate the getting ready part. How about I just list everything I am selling on here and you guys just buy it up and we'll be done with it? Deal? Perfect.
My kids just finished watching Toy Story 3 for the millionth time and I must put them to bed now - like any good mother would. Have a great night! I'll be watching Parenthood if you need me! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am SO excited to start this bible study. Glad we finally got it figured out. See you at the gym today!
Post a Comment