Friday, April 8, 2011

A walk and Orange Leaf

Have you guys all heard of Orange leaf Frozen Yogurt?


It's a fun self-serve frozen yogurt place where you load up the flavors you want in your cup and then add any and all sorts of toppings on top. Then you take it to the scale to see exactly how much you are getting ready to spend on frozen yogurt.

It's so good though. It's no Andy's frozen custard, but it's good and WAY less calories.

Well, it's practically up the street from our house - WOO HOO! - and we thought it would be fun to get a little exercise along with our yogurt. So, we pulled out our double jogging stroller, which both kids can still ride in with ease, and headed out in this awesome weather. The kids walked/ran half the trip and then rode the other half. In the end - we all got exercise and sugar, and in my book, that's a stellar night. It took us about 30 minutes each way to walk it, but that was including tons of lolly-gagging, flower picking and "hey - look at that cute doggy. Can I pet it?". So.......we probably could have done it in 15. :-)

We had Turkey Burgers for dinner tonight and I even tried my hand at making home-made whole wheat buns for the burgers. They turned out quite flat and strange. David and the kids still like them, but I was not impressed. I often get scared of yeast baking, but I am determined to keep trying it to figure out how to do it right. My yeast had gotten all foamy and stuff when I added the sugar and water, but it didn't rise. Who knows. Trial and Error.

On a final note, it's supposed to be like 87 degrees tomorrow. What?? Little Girl asked if we could turn on the sprinklers. We just might. What happened to Spring? I'm not a fan of skipping seasons.

I hope you all have an awesome weekend. I will be back on Monday. Make sure to say hi if you drop by!

Nighty-Night.

2 comments:

Laurie H said...

Hi, Kara! I am not in favor of skipping seasons either and it still feels like Winter here. We have a new Pastor at Centerpointe, Pastor Keith Edwards, from Trinity Church in MD. I really, really like him and we are very hopeful that he will be a good shepherd for all of us.
Rick & I will become Grandparents some time next week. Our oldest son, Ryan, and his wife, Kate, are going to be induced on the 13th!! The sex of the baby will be a surprise. Then Grandbaby #2 (a boy)is due May 3 for Reed & Nikki! Such excitement and joy for us!
Happy Spring! Laurie H

Julie said...

You walked to get frozen yogurt?? Awesome. I'm a little jealous. I think I just have a gas station within walking distance.