Monday, May 16, 2011

Don't eat it - Paint with it!

Hey friends. Sorry I fell off the face of the earth since last Wednesday. Blogger wasn't working and then I went out of town for the weekend. We headed up to see my side of the family for some cousin hangout time. LG and BB were in heaven. Us girls all took mom out to the City Market downtown where we bought some new flowers, fresh fruit and veggies and even a blackberry pie - just for fun. It was a great time!

The other day, Little Girl and I were heading outside to do a little yard work. I loved the look on her face when I told her to grab a paint brush and a bowl of yogurt and start painting the pots by our front door.

"What???" was her astonished reply.

I remember learning way back when that if you paint your terra cotta pots with live-culture yogurt and stick them in the sun that they will get all patina'd and mossy and old looking in just a few weeks. Here's a picture of one I did several years ago.


Here she is doing up the cement ones. I actually have no idea if the cement will respond the same way that the terra cotta ones do, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and I wanted to age these pots without having to paint them, so we shall see.




How beautiful is my girl? Seriously!

I'll let you know in 3-4 weeks if we see any change. Fingers crossed.

I also bought some zinnias this week to throw in that front area by our driveway. Won't these look purty?


Ultimately I want to just plant several perennials that I can leave in there and not have to mess with, but until I decide how I want to lay it all out, I thought these would be fun for some color.

I worked on my menu for the week and I have to say my mouth is watering with what I came up with. Take a glance at our week ahead.

Creamy Caprese Pasta (Fresh basil, tomatoes and mozzarella. What's not to love?)
Salmon, baked yukon gold potato and roasted veggies
Baked Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Chicken Stir-fry and veggies

And my lovely friend Julie has bid me to find a great cobbler or "crumble" recipe. I plan on making a blackberry one this week after I do some research. Be watching for how it turned out!

Have a great night!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Woo Hoo!! I love the fact that you take requests. Can't wait for the cobbler/crumble recipe.

Anonymous said...

If we make a request, do we get invited over for dinner to try it?