Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Errand Day & Cookin'

I woke up this morning with an agenda. I had to drop off Little Girl at preschool, run to the grocery store, stop off at the nursery to pick up some half-price pencil trees and to pick up my free PALLET (woo hoo!), go to the gym, drop off forms for LG's new school this fall, plant some more flowers and make a pretty amazing dinner. OH yeah baby.

So, first, about that dinner. I made Baked Buffalo Chicken Pasta for the first time today and my husbands words were "Ummmm....yeah.....this is my new favorite dish". We loved it. I posted the recipe over at The Recipe Box and this one just plain made us happy inside. You've gotta check this one out.

We decided to head to the Nature Center Trail right after our meal to work off some of the calories we consumed and it was so nice. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed the time together as a family. It didn't hurt that Baby Boy was declaring how tired he was on the drive home and the 2 kids konked out within minutes of being put in bed. Bee-u-ti-ful.

I mentioned school stuff. We have decided to send Little Girl to a private Christian school. We will be stretched in a great way financially, but the peace I feel of where she will be 35 hours every week cannot be tallied up in money. I am so thankful that we believe the Lord will help us with this choice and we feel like it is the best option for LG. I think this area has a lot of great public schools. I don't believe they are all that way. We didn't feel a peace about sending LG or BB there at this time. I am feeling a little giddy for the first time about her starting Kindergarden in the fall.....and this is saying a lot for this momma who knows she will bawl like a baby when she says goodbye to her at the classroom door on that August morning. But, let's stay happy people. :-)

For now, we are racing around getting forms filled out and LG will have a pre-screening done tomorrow. Yay!

Well, tonight is the Season Finale of one of our favorite shows - "The Good Wife". Do any of you watch this one? Oh my word. We love it. David decided to go out to the movies with some guy friends, which means he wants me to wait. He's killing me here.

The only way I could comfort myself was to sit down and try one of these new Magnum bars that I have been hearing a ton about and decided I MUST try one.



Wow. It was amazing. Belgian chocolate, caramel, and vanilla on a stick. Delightful. Go get one!

Nighty-Nighty

2 comments:

Kelley said...

So glad you decided on a school for little girl! Can't wait to hear about it!

Lynn said...

Thanks for changing your settings for little old me...this is MUCH easier. ;o)

School is such a tough choice! I'm just not deciding right now because I DON'T HAVE TO!

Can't wait to see the recipe of the evening as I skim farther down my reader. ;o)