The first order of the day was I promised LG and BB that we would go get sand for our new sandbox. I actually like how clean they look with nothing inside of it, but LG insisted on sand. :-)

We also picked up some new flowers to start sprucing up the backyard while we were at it and I love the way they look.



And we bought some herbs to plant in our new garden. Little Girl was very anxious to help and she even got to sport her brand new garden gloves while she worked.




After we planted everything, I realized I need one more basil plant and some heirloom tomatoes, then I think we will be complete for this year. I started small and will see how successful we are. Next year, we would like to add 2 more raised beds to do even more veggies.
I made chicken stroganoff with baked brown rice tonight for our dinner and I wasn't overly impressed. It had a little butter and a whole block of cream cheese in it, so you think I would be in love, but it was really way too heavy for me. It wasn't that I didn't like it at all, but it doesn't seem to be blog-worthy in my book. If someone wants the recipe to try though - please just leave me a note. My tastebuds may not be your tastebuds. I did, however, make another salad using my lettuce from my garden again tonight and it pretty much melted in my mouth. Seriously. I want a whole garden bed full of lettuce next year and I'm totally not playing around. Perfection......and so easy to just throw seeds in the soil and water. Voila!
I love digging around in the dirt with LG. She dug all my holes for me and helped me back fill all the dirt over each plant. She was a pro and it made my heart happy to do this with her. She, of course, enjoyed the watering part where she "accidentally" soaked herself and my shoes in the process.
Memories.
I better get to the couch. Those t.v. shows won't watch themselves.
Nighty-Night

1 comment:
Pretty flowers, and I LOVE cooking with fresh herbs. It's my favorite thing we grow. Patrick does all things gardening around here, and I love how he gets the kids involved.
BTW, my cousin's wife reads your blog. They're living in London right now, but she hasn't been able to comment for some reason. She wanted you to know the "London stalker" is her.....Michelle.
Also, at the risk of this being a ridiculously long comment... I know you probably have your settings showing a small portion of your post in google reader so people will have to go to your site to read the whole post. However, I wanted you to know that I would be more likely to comment if I could see your whole post in my reader. I frequently read/skim through all the posts and then go back to comment on ones that struck me for some reason. If I have to go to your site without knowing if I'll comment, I'm less likely to do it. Does that make sense? Just a thought.
Post a Comment