Isn't that a fun start to this post? :-)
Baby Boy and I took a nice hour-long walk around our subdivision and enjoyed the beautiful weather together. He was set up with snacks and scenery and I had my ipod rocking out to some new tunes. It was beauti-mous.
Then we jumped on the trampoline together and played "monsters". According to BB, chasing each other in a circle - while jumping with hands snarling at each other and yelling "Gotcha!" over and over, is like the funnest game ever.
His laugh makes me smile.
Speaking of funny, I have to tell you what BB has been doing lately at bedtime. I tuck him in bed with a car in each hand, 2 lovey blankies and a big blanket and a kiss and hug. Then, I close my eyes and start to pray for him and he randomly will just reach up and honk my nose and it always startles me and I jump. He has done this for a couple of weeks now, but it's not every night, so it always surprises me. And we laughed our heads off together as I tried to continue my prayer. I kid you not it was one of the sweetest moments with my little man. I'm taking it as an early mother's day present. :-)
Back to Cinco De Mayo. We decided to make it a fun night, so we started off with taco salad, burritos, chips and guacamole and corn on the cob. So very, very good. Then, we decided to make Mexican Fried Ice Cream as our dessert, and let me tell you that it was awesome. Just click on the links above and it will take you to my Recipe Blog.
Here are some pics of my little helpers and their finished product.





The kids watched Toy Story 3 while it rained outside and the whole day was just loverly.
Don't you love those kind of days?
I wasn't yelling at anyone, the kids played well together, we bought some more flowers for our backyard, we got to make things together in the kitchen and mommy got some exercise. That's a total win in my book.
I'm ready to cap the night. I need to build up my energy for tomorrow. I have 2 sets of little friends coming over to play with the kids tomorrow and I will need my energy!
Nighty-Night.

1 comment:
Little boys are so sweet!!! Ryan goes to bed every night with two cars in hand and has since I can remember. So sweet and what a precious moment:)
Post a Comment