Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Front Door Facelift

I lost some of the wind in my sails a couple of months ago when I started working on a wreath made out of styrofoam, yarn, a twig and some other miscellaneous items. I could never keep the mess laying out to work on at my leisure and therefore I just threw it up in the guest bedroom never to be seen again.

It was a SPRING wreath.

It's basically SUMMER now.

So, I've moved on.

Here's the cute little diddy I threw together from some supplies from Michael's to take it's place. Basically I took one metal hanging basket and added some cute and fun flowers to the inside. Wa-la!


I love it. I am actually thinking of making another one for my laundry room door so it looks all symmetrical and stuff. :-)

By the way - We're on day 2 of Operation a/c Installation. Thankfully the lower unit is still running while they've been running new duct work upstairs and getting that all prepped for our new install. Also - thankfully the wind cools off the evenings so we can stand to all be in our bedrooms at night. Thank you Lord. They are saying it will take more like 5 days to get these babies installed and all the new "returns" put in our bedrooms, etc., etc. Exciting. I am SO ready to have these dudes out of my house everyday banging around and keeping Baby Boy from his nap. I also can't wait to have cool breezes in my house this summer. So thankful.

Praying for the people of Joplin, MO tonight. The devastation is still staggering to me and my heart goes out to the community . I am especially praying for a dear friend's family member who was hurt in a very serious way. There are so many ways you can help locally or far away. You can donate through Convoy of Hope and there are also a ton of businesses who are taking donations and supplies over to help the people who are in need. Thanks for caring and getting involved if you are able!

Have a great night!

No comments: