Fun.
Onto more exciting news. my Little Girl graduated from Preschool yesterday!!!
Oh Yes She Did.
And I didn't even cry. I just enjoyed the day.
I told my mom how surprised I was at my emotions for the day, but she confirmed what I already had been thinking about. This Momma is at peace about LG's Kindergarten. I am so geared up and focused on her new school that I don't feel sad (currently) - I feel excited and hopeful about what her new year will hold. Will I still be sad to have her gone from my care every single day? Absolutely!!!! Will I cry on that first day of school and a few thereafter? You can mark it on your calendar. But I am so thankful that I don't feel the fear and trepidation that I felt just a few weeks ago. That's not a fun feeling for a Momma. I thank my Lord and Savior for the peace that is in my heart.
I snagged some pics of LG the morning of her graduation and she wasn't cooperating in the "smile sweetly" department for the first few photos.




And then I got this face when I told her no more pictures with her stuffed animal.

But, she bounced back and I got these sweet ones.


The school ceremony was sweet with several little songs, sign language of the alphabet, scripture and lots of antsy children. :-) I think my favorite part was the little graduation caps they wore.





LG's teachers this year were awesome and she loved her little friend Brooklyn from her class. She told me that she is very sad to be leaving her preschool. We bought the teachers some Andy's frozen Custard gift cards to cap off the year and give them a treat this summer. I hope they were showered with lots of great gifts from the parents. What a job to be with 13, five year old's five days a week. Shew! I'm tired just thinking about it!
I still am in shock and denial that the Summer has officially begun and our subdivision pool is opening in 2 weeks! Really? And I just made blackberry crumble for dessert with vanilla ice cream. Focus Kara, Focus. You have a swimsuit to think about it.
Ah well, maybe I'll just wear a Moo-Moo because I am making a blackberry cobbler tomorrow to compare the 2 recipes. As I said on facebook today, I'm all about market research for my blog readers. :-) I can't wait to post about the recipes on Monday. I've never made a "crumble" before and it definitely focuses more on the fruit than the bread or topping. It was good, but I'm anxious for tomorrow's taste test.
Big Breakfast is going to be Baked French Toast and turkey bacon, eggs and hashbrowns. Yes, I agree that I need to eat a bowl of fruit and a glass of water for lunch.
Have an awesome weekend. We are scheduled for rain, rain, and more rain. Pray for me.

3 comments:
aww...I know you were excited for her graduation day. She looks adorable! I can relate to the "I only want pictures on my terms" attitude. Seriously, can't I just snap ONE SWEET, NOT SQUIRMY, SMILY PICTURE PLEASE?!?
You are making 2 blackberry crumbles? You are amazing! All that research b/c your friend needs a good recipe. Love it! Also, LG is adorable. I saw her in carline today. She came up and gave me a hug bye too. I told her I would definitely be seeing her again. This isn't goodbye for us :). It was cute.
I am glad you are feeling better. Looking forward to a fun summer with you and your family!
Post a Comment