Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tours, Starbucks and Oatmeal

We toured a couple of schools today. Little Girl begged to go with us, so we took her along and left Baby Boy home with Grandma. The first school we visited was private and we really enjoyed seeing the Godly influence that would be in her life every day. We liked the smallness of it and the fact that it had only one kindergarten classroom that had a sweet older teacher that seemed kind, attentive and excited to meet our LG. That was very comforting to us. We also liked the fact that they wear uniforms. Also, the kids actually stood as a class when we peeked in one of the rooms out of (what I assume to be) respect and something they teach them to do. It was interesting. I'm a rules girl and I love structure. So does LG. This could be a fit. We still have much to pray about and a couple of more schools to visit, not to mention all the tuition stuff we would need to work out.

We also visited a public school and it was clean and well maintained and nothing seemed too out of the ordinary or extraordinary about it except for all the unknowns for us. There wasn't anything wrong per-say (minus some rumors we've heard that we can't confirm), but I don't know if anything was right either. My stomach felt all twisty after the day was done. I don't like big decisions.

One good thing was that between our two school visits we stopped by Starbucks to get me and Daddy a coffee and LG a birthday cake doughnut and an apple juice. It was fun just having some time with just the 3 of us. The Starbucks is right down the street from the private school, so I've already told David that if she goes there, he might as well tack on some extra money every month for tuition since BB and I would become frequent visitors of the drive-thru. :-)

O.K. Change of Subject since the school thing is way too overwhelming to tackle in one day. So, onto a fun little organizational thingy-majig that I saw in my Real Simple magazine this month. They have it here at The Container Store. I LOVE it and I want it for my closet when you walk in from the garage. I need an organized dumping ground, and this may be a help to me. It even has side little mesh holders for sunglasses and smaller things that you can throw in there and still see when you want to know at a glance what's there. Very fun.

I made a Baked Oatmeal Dish this past week and I posted the recipe over at The Recipe Box. My friend Erin gave it to me and it's SO good.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. Me and the lifegroup girls are heading out to our favorite restaurant - Ocean Zen - for a little Sushi and girl time. I'm so ready for a night out. I need to look through my closet to see if I have anything remotely cute to wear. If not - maybe a trip to the mall is in order. I bet that's what I'll have to do. :-)

Nighty-Night.

No comments: