
David was sweet and woke up at the crack of dawn to make me a yummy breakfast quiche and yogurt parfait - with my cup of coffee too of course.

We zoomed around the house to get out the door to attend first service at church. We were scheduled to work the second service in Little Girl's classroom. We had 20 kiddos that morning and each of them were in rare, hyper, emotional, clingy and disobedient forms. Oh my word!!! It was craziness. David and I have really enjoyed teaching this class twice a month, but doing it on Mother's Day with all the chaos, may have just sent me over the "volunteer" edge. :-) Know what I mean?
I would like to say that my attitude only improved as my Mother's Day celebrations went on, but then I would be telling you fibs. I try not to do that. My hubby also made me and his mother a lunch full of steak, creamy potatoes, gorgonzola and bacon salad and strawberry shortcake.
He was so sweet.
Especially since I was in a funk all day.
I have no idea why. I have apologized since.
I was cra-a-a-a-nky. I had all things to be thankful for and all reasons to be happy and blessed, and yet, I felt sulky. Do any of you ever do that? Please tell me it's not just me. I already confessed to eating half a bag of Peppermint Oreos yesterday - you all know everything now. :-)
Also, I would like you to know that we walked over 3 miles tonight as a family in an attempt to make a small dent in the damage that was done yesterday evening. Aren't you proud?
The talk around our house right now is Kindergarten, Kindergarten, Kindergarten. We are in the middle of deciding where LG will go. We had a school picked and have since learned things that don't make us happy and we are doing more research and visiting some more schools - some public and some private. My heart is hanging out of my chest. I am so stressed and so overwhelmed. I want to protect this treasure....this innocence....this precious child that I have been entrusted with. She asked me today if we were "Christians", of which I told her yes. I asked if she knew what that word meant and then explained it to her. She told me some kids at her preschool talk like they don't know God. I agreed. Ha! Her heart is so pure. She also told me that she thought I was beautiful and I almost took her to Chuckee Cheese. Don't worry. I snapped out of it. But she did make me feel all mushy inside and so happy to be her mother.
I will keep you posted on LG's school saga, but please say a prayer for us this week if you think of it. We will be visiting schools, praying, taking notes and praying some more. God already knows where LG is supposed to be and we are trying hard to just trust that he'll show us in the right timing.
Nighty-Night.

4 comments:
sorry about the Kindergarten stuff. we were there several months ago. so we decided to sell our house and move. yeah kinda extreme i know. but we are happy with our decision. plus we will be getting more room & a yard. i know you aren't ready to move again. I will be praying for you as you decide!
Ugggg! Felt for you when reading this because we just went through this stress too. The school situation in DC is rough so spots in the decent schools are highly competitive. We got a call that Ella got a spot for preschool - which means a spot for the future and sibling preference going forward! We had to pray about whether to send her or to send her to the private part-time preschool we had planned. Why is it such a hard decision? Lord, bless all of our decisions! And protect our babies!
Have I ever been cranky for no reason? Of course not. Something must be wrong with you. Maybe you should go to the dr. :). Ha!! Love the post and the honesty. I too, for no reason, was in a stink mood on Mothers Day. I'll be praying for you and the Kibdergarten decision. You're such great parents who listen to God and this situation won't be any different. He will guide you.
Kara, you were definitely not the only one in a "cranky" mood on mothers day. I felt like I was in a funk all day and I had absolutely no reason for it. I kind of got in the "feel sorry for me" mode because Joshua was sick with a fever on Mother's Day so I didn't even get to go to church or feel at all like it was Mother's Day. But then God reminded me that this is what I do and I am a Mother. So, I guess it was Mother's Day for me, ha. You are such an amazing Mom and you inspire me to be a better Mom. Thanks for your amazing heart!! I am praying as you make a decision for LG's school. I am also thankful that I have two more years before that is a thought in my mind. :)
Post a Comment