Well, the guilt has been lifted. I talked to my doctor from back in Arkansas and she said that my little man is not constipated. If he is having a good ol' BM every day and it ain't hard, then he is all good. She also talked to me about the fact that he grunts SOOO much is that he is probably just a grunter.
Wow.
That's encouraging......I think.
I also was told that at the hospital, if the formula isn't working - they just switch it. They don't ease into anything, so she said I did just fine.
Aren't those beautiful words to a momma's ears?
You done good kid. You done good.
So, we got better sleep last night. I did in fact switch baby boy back to Enfamil and he is still very gassy and spitty-uppy, but I think we might be making some progress. I sure hope so.
Thanks for all the tips on how to unclog the pipes. I think Rheagan said it best when she said that you know you are a mom when you can talk freely on your blog about poo, rectal thermometers and the like.
This is good material people.
I know this blog post has been nothing short of enlightening, eye-opening and refreshing, but I shall move on quickly so as to keep the 2 readers that I have left at this point.
I did not get a nap today. I did get a tall, fully-caffeinated, caramel machiatto for a snack though and that seems to be all I can get for now - and it was quite good I must add.
I am looking forward to going to church on Sunday here in Missouri (oh yeah, we got clearance to leave the state of AR and are in Missouri with family until Monday when we head back down for our court hearing. Then back to MO for our shower and then back to Indy. Shew!). Little girl is going to get to play with one of her best buddies and I am looking forward to a little time of worship and some good bible teachin'. I need some right now.
Lack of sleep makes you angry, and,
Ahem.
I am very tired at certain times of the day right now. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Anna is over 2 yrs old and I still blame my anger on lack of sleep.... (:
Ryan was a huge grunter when he was a newborn. That is why at 5 weeks old he went into his own bedroom:-) I think he did it because he wanted to make sure we knew he was there!!! Miss you girl!!!
Both of my boys got stuck in their own rooms at 6 weeks for that very reason. I'm a much better mommy with a little shut eye! I do have to admit, Baby Boy is one cute little grunter!
I'm giving you your 3rd comment so you would know that more than 2 people were still reading your blog........you are so proving me wrong when I told you that you wouldn't be blogging anymore after having 2 kids....but it does sound like you are experiencing the challenges that I do not miss or envy....the lack of sleep....if it makes you feel better, your blogs don't sound like you're tired...you still make sense, so you are doing better than some of us when we had a toddler and a 2-week-old. None of us will be offended if you take a nap instead of blogging.....although we might all call you for updates while you are trying to nap....hee hee.
oops, Julie beat me to the 3rd comment.....
Perhaps that is why God gives little infants Heavenly Amnesia -- - That way that cannot remember the psycho mother that emerges from lack of slumber... or the rectal thermometers, frankly. Sorry for bringing that one up again! Well, praise the Lord for all the answers - God always answers one way or another. And He doesn't even say I told you so! Even though I think He should, occasionally.....
My 3-year-old is a grunter. It just happens. If it continues with Baby Boy, it's going to provide you with lots of laughter and maybe a few embarassing moments...like the times our little one has left the door open while he's doing his biz and we have friends over for dinner. Very nice. Maybe Baby Boy will become a singer as well...because the combo grunting and singing will send you over the edge with parental hilarity.
I love the anger comment! I read a tee-shirt the other day that said...Anger is like peeing your pants everyone can see it but only you feel it! HAHA I can't wait to meet baby boy!
Post a Comment