It has been a great nearly 2 weeks with our newest addition to the family - Baby boy. I can't believe our little guy is going to be 2 weeks old tomorrow! Wow!
Believe it or not - even these 2 short weeks have flown and our little man is already changing and growing. I haven't taken pictures of him in a few days due to the lack of sleep and my brain cells don't always remember things like "capture a memory Kara. Take the child's picture today." I will be doing some more glamour shots of him this weekend and promise to share those with all of you.
Last night we went out with some old friends and ate at a yummy place where they create a salmon masterpiece that my mouth finds most pleasing! Little Girl was a dream for most of the time and I was feeling quite impressed at her ability to handle herself with all the attention on baby boy. Our friends were kind and provided a gift for her along with a gift for baby, so this was a nice gesture for the night.
Well, things started going downhill soon after dinner when we all went to go get coffee. I am noticing a distinct choice in little girl's brain right now to take things to "the next level" very quickly and quite frequently. Tears come easily and tantrums are pretty consistent. She still loves and adores her new little brother and also still kisses and hugs him each morning to say "good morning", but I think the angst is against the parents here. Ya know - me and dave.
My child kicked me yesterday for the first time in her life and she also hit me last night after said coffee break. She has screamed at me a few times and told me flat out "NO" when she is not excited about my choice in answering her.
Oy vey!
We have been disciplining her and loving her and trying to give her extra hugs and kisses through our new familial changes. I truly can't complain at her adjustment overall and am so happy that she loves baby boy so very much.
But, let me just say, that I am hoping that last night was my last time being kicked -because this momma did not like that very much. No. Not at all.
Sigh.
I know it's funny to say all that and then say this, but it's true - I wouldn't change anything about this time in my life right now. I don't mind the acting out, the constant grunting, the crying, the No's, the Why's, the "I wasn't talking to YOU mommy's", because it just means that my family is here. They are healthy. They are functioning. And.....they're all mine! This season will pass and I know I'll be sad when it does.
I love my little family of four - kicking and all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You are right, this season will pass. If it is any comfort, my son begged us to take our daughter back to the hospital after we brought her home.
Little Girl is so sweet with her new baby brother. I'm gonna say she was just having a bad day. If it helps at all, Greyson tried to hit Cooper within the first second of meeting him at the hospital. The oldest goes from having everyone at their beckon call to having to share the spotlight. The good thing is..you've already laid the ground work with Little Girl. She knows the rules and she will follow them. In a few months when he is crawling and can interact, this will all be a blur.
I'll be praying for you and little girl too.
You are so right.....this season will pass, and it will pass quickly! Although when you're going through the transition time, it may not seem like it's going fast! I'm sorry Little Girl kicked you, but I'm glad it was you and not baby brother! I'll be praying that Little Girl gets through this hard time extra quickly!
OH my...we have all been there! I was "that" lady at Wal-mart that was spanking her kid with a wooden spoon once. UGH..just remember this too shall pass!
In our house that Daddy gets to handle the situations when the girls disrespect Mama. He gives them the speech that he does not allow anyone to treat his wife that way. It is one of my favorite speeches!
Just in case you don't remember, the first time I drove Jack and Will to the park, Jack reached over and bit Will's toe. I had no idea what happened except that Will was screaming and Jack was unnaturally silent. I only figured out once we got to the park and noticed THE BLOOD on 4 week old Will's sock what had gone down. So I sat on the park bench with both boys and cried for 10 minutes and then proceeded to load the boys back into the car (taking care to move Will's car seat very far from Jack) and drove back home. I think you are doing a fantastic job, Kara! love, Sue
Post a Comment