Thursday, September 25, 2008

Shopping with a 3 year old

Took my daughter shopping today.

Got her a new fall wardrobe because she has gotten so crazy tall over this summer that none of her clothes fit anymore.

She picked out things she liked at Gap and Children's Place.

It's weird how the thrill of buying clothes for her has taken the place of what it used to be to buy clothes for myself.

I love having a little girl to shop with.

Do you think Baby Boy will enjoy shopping?

Yeah. Me either.

Unless of course there is a Bass Pro Shop connected to it.

Little girl got some skinny jeans today.

Her momma can't wear skinny jeans, but my baby looks S-A-S-S-Y!

She also got some ruby red ballet shoes that tend to go with just about everything. Very cute.

We celebrated our trip to the mall with a Starbucks (no wait - that was just in my head. I wanted to go but there was none with a drive-thru that I passed today).

Did a fashion show for daddy when we came home. She loved walking the runway and hearing all the daddy praise of all her beauty.

Yep. It was a fun shopping day.

Just me and my girl (and our cute sidekick - baby boy)

8 comments:

The Oswalds said...

Oh, My! How fun! So glad you got to do this. I am sure you both needed the time together and the outing. And what good memories. Good job Mom.

Julie said...

My boys love to shop! They especially love shoes! I guess that get that gene from Josh and I since we both vacation around good shopping. Train him early and Baby Boy will be a shopper too! Yah for Little Girl. I'm jealous about the skinny jeans too. I can't wear them either! How adorable!

Amber said...

I love love love shopping for clothes for Anna. I hate shopping for me so I just substitute all the normal love of clothes that women have onto my daughter! Cause she is just so cute in everything! You are right- it is super fun to have a little girl to dress up!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Julie, just train him to like it! I've been helping my sister with her little boy and whether he likes it or not, he's going shopping. They gotta learn sometime :)

Jamie said...

Sounds fun. Speaking of shopping too bad you aren't here at my house today. We are having a garage sale (to raise $, our homestudy fee is due)and I have few cute things my girls have out grown. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Don't give up on him yet! Jay loves to shop! Although maybe it'll be better if he doesn't so you can save $! Surely there's not as much cute temptation for boys out there that there is for girls! Glad you had a fun day! Enjoy shopping now because when BB is mobile, he may not want to sit patiently in a stroller....you'll be chasing him all over the mall. That is what I'm going through....that's just my realistic, NOT negative, side talking!

Rhea said...

You know the verse: "If you train a child up in the way he should go, when he is old he will not depart from it"? Yah, I believe that applies to teaching your son shopping ettiquette, as well! ( I have a ten year old daughter) And, my son is 5, but he already knows to hold doors for mommy when her arms are full, to say"Cu-ute, mom" When I hold things up or try things on and to always say thank you to the cashiers! Yah, it might help that SOME times there is a hot wheel in it for him down the road if he takes it all in stride. :) I like thinking long term....like how nice will it be for his wife if he can find SOME joy in shopping? ( I can always hope, anyway!) ENJOY THAT BOY!

Alana said...

It has to be so much fun to shop for a girl...especially when they get old enough to like it!