Hi friends.
We arrived in Arkansas last night - or should I say this morning around 1:00 a.m. We went straight to the hospital and saw the most beautiful face through the thickest of glasses that I have ever seen since I met Little girl.
Michael David was born at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 31st. He weighs 5 lbs. 14 oz. and is 18" long. He has lots of light brown wavy hair and pretty blue eyes. We only got to see him through the nursery window for minutes, but it was enough to get me through the night. He is perfectly healthy and as handsome as any boy I've ever seen in my life!!!
Today has been hard. It's Labor Day and we found out this morning that our attorney is out of town. Yeah. We would've thought he would've had a back-up person in such a situation, but this is not the case. We were supposed to be with baby Michael all day today and our birth mom was going to sign away her rights to us and be discharged this afternoon.
As of now, we have to wait for the attorney to arrive back in town tomorrow morning. He goes to court and then will be at the hospital around 10:00 a.m. to meet with our birth mom. She will be discharged tomorrow, as well as Michael should be released to us at the same time.
We are not allowed to hold him or see him today due to the fact that she hasn't signed any paperwork yet and the hospital legally won't allow us. Also, our birth mom has requested to have this last day with him all to herself before she gives him to us for a lifetime tomorrow. We completely respect this request and are going to honor it. Today is already feeling eternal and every second is dragging.
Thankfully - the Lord knew I would need my mom today and my parents drove in with us last night and are here helping us with Little girl.
I ache to hold that little baby I saw last night who looked at me with the widest and sweetest eyes I could ever imagine. I know that the Lord is in control. Our birth mom is still solid and steady on her decision to choose adoption for her son and for that we are so thankful.
In a situation where we feel so out of control - we know God knew how this day would unfold before we did.
I can't wait to have my boy in my arms tomorrow. Please pray for us, for him and for our birth mom today. We love you all!
Thanks so much for all your messages, your texts and phone calls of love. We feel it and we so appreciate it.
We will be with our little man soon! Watch for his picture! Much love from all of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Oh, Kara, I am so happy for you! I will be praying lots until the paperwork is all signed and that little bundle of love is all safe at home with you. I can't imagine your emotions right now. Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
We want you to know that we are praying for you right now. Our family is here for yours at anytime, you just make the call. We love you guys and can't wait to meet little boy.
We are so excited that he is healthy & safe. I have been checking the blog like mad since you posted about leaving for Arkansas. We are continuing to pray for you throughout this process. Can't wait to meet him! Congratulations!!!
Congratulations Momma!!!! I had tears in my eyes when I read your blog! I can't wait to meet him! We'll be praying everything goes smoothly and perfectly for you! He's a little peanut! :)
Congrats again Kara! Julie has kept me updated today on your saga-I can't imagine how hard it is to wait. You are so strong and steady in the Lord! Bless your family- how exciting tomorrow will be!
Kara,
I can't imagine the emotions you are going through right now. I am praying for you...all of you! Can't wait to see pictures of you holding your baby!!!
I am so sorry you are having to hurry up and wait. I bet he's gonna be worth it....:0) Hope you are feeling the prayers! If he is as cute as Little Girl, I don't know how you are going to stand yourself...
I'm so sorry that today was not what you had hoped for! I have been thinking about you all day. We went to White Water, but Jay was able to pull up your blog on his iphone while we were there. I am praying that all goes well tomorrow and you'll be able to finally hold your little baby and know that he is all yours. I love you!
I have been thinking about you guys, I couldn't get your blog checked fast enough. Yeah for tomorrow, I hope it is everything you have wished and prayed for. We are so happy he is healthy and that tomorrow he will be in the arms of his family. Can't wait to see you!
I am aching for you. I am sure you want to burst through the doors and break all the rules. It will be so sweet in the morning! Have so much fun and cherish every piece of him. Have you thought of selling the first pics to People or at least a bidding war on the blog...? I hear people make a ton of money on the first pics! HAHA I can NOT WAIT TO SEE HIM!!!
That is amazing that the attorney is out of town. That must be so hard, I am praying for you all, the baby and the birth mother.
Kara,
I am so eager to know if things are going better and that you were able to hold your son. Let us know as soon as you get a minute.
Post a Comment